First Week

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Tom, Jan 8, 2005.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    I've just completed my first week of LC diet.
    A couple of things I've noticed:

    * Although I'm only drinking slightly more water than I used to (about 8
    large glasses per day), I'm urinating more - even having to get up in the
    night, despite no liquid since 6pm.

    * Slight constipation.

    * Headaches - eased by drinking water - moreso after eating a snack or
    meal.

    Best,
    T
     
    Tags:


  2. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Tom wrote:
    || I've just completed my first week of LC diet.
    || A couple of things I've noticed:
    ||
    || * Although I'm only drinking slightly more water than I used to
    || (about 8 large glasses per day), I'm urinating more - even having to
    || get up in the night, despite no liquid since 6pm.

    You're losing glycogen which holds water in the muscles and liver. as
    glycogen goes, so does the water.

    ||
    || * Slight constipation.

    Consider a fiber supplement, but ramp up usage slowly.

    ||
    || * Headaches - eased by drinking water - moreso after eating a snack
    || or meal.
    ||

    This should pass soon.
     
  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 08:30:15 -0500, Roger Zoul wrote:

    > You're losing glycogen which holds water in the muscles and liver. as
    > glycogen goes, so does the water.


    Thanks
    >||
    >|| * Slight constipation.
    >
    > Consider a fiber supplement, but ramp up usage slowly.


    Great. Bought some (psyllium husks) this morning.

    > This should pass soon.


    Better today.

    Of course I forgot to mention th *positive* shifts:

    * Sleeping more soundly
    * More energy (no 'slumps' either).
    * Slight weight loss :)

    Actually, I don't really need to lose that much weight, doing it more for
    general health reasons + help for hypoglycemia.
     
  4. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Tom wrote:
    || On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 08:30:15 -0500, Roger Zoul wrote:
    ||
    ||| You're losing glycogen which holds water in the muscles and liver.
    ||| as glycogen goes, so does the water.
    ||
    || Thanks
    |||||
    ||||| * Slight constipation.
    |||
    ||| Consider a fiber supplement, but ramp up usage slowly.
    ||
    || Great. Bought some (psyllium husks) this morning.
    ||
    ||| This should pass soon.
    ||
    || Better today.
    ||
    || Of course I forgot to mention th *positive* shifts:
    ||
    || * Sleeping more soundly
    || * More energy (no 'slumps' either).
    || * Slight weight loss :)
    ||
    || Actually, I don't really need to lose that much weight, doing it
    || more for general health reasons + help for hypoglycemia.

    It sounds as if you're making the transition quite smoothly. Keep it up!
     
  5. PJx

    PJx Guest

    On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 14:04:17 GMT, Tom <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 08:30:15 -0500, Roger Zoul wrote:
    >
    >> You're losing glycogen which holds water in the muscles and liver. as
    >> glycogen goes, so does the water.

    >
    >Thanks
    >>||
    >>|| * Slight constipation.
    >>
    >> Consider a fiber supplement, but ramp up usage slowly.

    >
    >Great. Bought some (psyllium husks) this morning.
    >
    >> This should pass soon.

    >
    >Better today.
    >
    >Of course I forgot to mention th *positive* shifts:
    >
    >* Sleeping more soundly
    >* More energy (no 'slumps' either).
    >* Slight weight loss :)
    >
    >Actually, I don't really need to lose that much weight, doing it more for
    >general health reasons + help for hypoglycemia.


    Perfect.

    You are now in charge. All you need to add is more exercise - for
    life.

    PJ
     
  6. MU

    MU Guest

    On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 12:22:37 GMT, Tom wrote:

    > I've just completed my first week of LC diet.
    > A couple of things I've noticed:
    >
    > * Although I'm only drinking slightly more water than I used to (about 8
    > large glasses per day), I'm urinating more - even having to get up in the
    > night, despite no liquid since 6pm.
    >
    > * Slight constipation.
    >
    > * Headaches - eased by drinking water - moreso after eating a snack or
    > meal.
    >
    > Best,
    > T


    Are you inducting?
     
  7. Tom

    Tom Guest

    On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 12:52:32 -0600, PJx wrote:

    > Perfect.
    >
    > You are now in charge. All you need to add is more exercise - for
    > life.


    Already started: Longer, brisk walks; daily 'Bullworker' exercises. I want
    to move on to weights when I'm I little stronger :)

    I forgot to mention another plus point, which is the cessation of
    indigestion - which was a daily occurrence previously.
     
  8. Tom

    Tom Guest

    On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:43:28 -0500, MU wrote:

    > Are you inducting?


    No.
     
  9. Jaime

    Jaime Guest

    On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 07:53:19 GMT, Tom <[email protected]> wrote:


    >Already started: Longer, brisk walks; daily 'Bullworker' exercises. I want
    >to move on to weights when I'm I little stronger :)



    Bullworker exercises? Could you elaborate on those please.
     
  10. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Tom wrote:
    || On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 12:52:32 -0600, PJx wrote:
    ||
    ||| Perfect.
    |||
    ||| You are now in charge. All you need to add is more exercise -
    ||| for life.
    ||
    || Already started: Longer, brisk walks; daily 'Bullworker' exercises.
    || I want to move on to weights when I'm I little stronger :)

    don't wait, start now. You don't need to be stronger to lift weights, they
    come in all amounts. The benefits are great and really better than
    bullworker.

    ||
    || I forgot to mention another plus point, which is the cessation of
    || indigestion - which was a daily occurrence previously.

    Great!
     
  11. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Jaime wrote:
    || On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 07:53:19 GMT, Tom <[email protected]> wrote:
    ||
    ||
    ||| Already started: Longer, brisk walks; daily 'Bullworker' exercises.
    ||| I want to move on to weights when I'm I little stronger :)
    ||
    ||
    || Bullworker exercises? Could you elaborate on those please.

    google, babe.
     
  12. Jaime

    Jaime Guest

    On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 10:07:17 -0500, "Roger Zoul"
    <[email protected]> wrote:


    >google, babe.


    Okay. :) No problem.
     
  13. Tom

    Tom Guest

    On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 10:06:52 -0500, Roger Zoul wrote:

    > don't wait, start now. You don't need to be stronger to lift weights, they
    > come in all amounts. The benefits are great and really better than
    > bullworker.


    Thanks Roger.

    What benefits (specifically) are greater than the Bullworker?

    Best,
    T
     
  14. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Tom wrote:
    || On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 10:06:52 -0500, Roger Zoul wrote:
    ||
    ||| don't wait, start now. You don't need to be stronger to lift
    ||| weights, they come in all amounts. The benefits are great and
    ||| really better than bullworker.
    ||
    || Thanks Roger.
    ||
    || What benefits (specifically) are greater than the Bullworker?

    Safer. More movements, more or less resistance. More natural movements,
    too, resulting in better function strenght. I hate to knock BW, but it
    compared to some dumbbells and adjustable bench, it ain't about a whole lot.
    I suggest a gym membership, but if that's out get some adjustable dumbbells
    and a nice adjustable bench. You don't need to get that much right now, but
    you can ramp up over time. If you can get to a Sam's Club, they have some
    nice dumbbell set there. If I weren't already doing to a very convenient to
    get to gym, I'd consider those.

    If your only option were that bullworker, I'd suggest you use it but also
    incorporate body weight movements, if you're not doing them already.
    Anything is better than nothing, actually, but you indicated a desire to
    start lifting. So I'm telling you what people here told me, start today. I
    don't regret listening to that advice at all.
     
  15. Tom

    Tom Guest

    On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 18:38:03 -0500, Roger Zoul wrote:


    > If your only option were that bullworker, I'd suggest you use it but also
    > incorporate body weight movements, if you're not doing them already.
    > Anything is better than nothing, actually, but you indicated a desire to
    > start lifting. So I'm telling you what people here told me, start today. I
    > don't regret listening to that advice at all.


    Appreciate the advice. I'll start with the above and look at getting some
    dumbells - then maybe Gym membership as funds permit.

    T
     
Loading...