First Weigh in

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Sharon & Jack, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put both of us in a
    state of shock.

    DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and when she went in today, they
    had made a big poster congratulating her. She works in a small vet clinic, and the group is very
    close and supportive, which will be great for her.

    Sharon

    Tags:

  2. That is truly wonderful for both of you, Lee
    Sharon & Jack <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put
    both
    > of us in a state of shock.
    >
    > DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and
    when
    > she went in today, they had made a big poster congratulating her. She
    works
    > in a small vet clinic, and the group is very close and supportive, which will be great for her.
    >
    > Sharon

  3. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    That's WONDERFUL Sharon! Congratulations :)

    Julie "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put
    both
    > of us in a state of shock.
    >
    > DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and
    when
    > she went in today, they had made a big poster congratulating her. She
    works
    > in a small vet clinic, and the group is very close and supportive, which will be great for her.
    >
    > Sharon

  4. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Congrats to both of your for stupendous first losses.

    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:56:55 GMT, "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put both of us in a state
    >of shock.
    >
    >DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and when she went in today, they
    >had made a big poster congratulating her. She works in a small vet clinic, and the group is very
    >close and supportive, which will be great for her.
    >
    >Sharon

  5. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Congrats to you and your daughter. What a great start!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put
    both
    > of us in a state of shock.
    >
    > DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and
    when
    > she went in today, they had made a big poster congratulating her. She
    works
    > in a small vet clinic, and the group is very close and supportive, which will be great for her.
    >
    > Sharon

  6. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Sharon & Jack wrote:

    > Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put both of us in a state
    > of shock.
    >
    > DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and when she went in today, they
    > had made a big poster congratulating her. She works in a small vet clinic, and the group is very
    > close and supportive, which will be great for her.
    >
    > Sharon

    Oh, that's lovely! Well done both of you!

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  7. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Oh Wow, what great news!

    "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put
    both
    > of us in a state of shock.
    >
    > DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and
    when
    > she went in today, they had made a big poster congratulating her. She
    works
    > in a small vet clinic, and the group is very close and supportive, which will be great for her.
    >
    > Sharon

  8. Becki

    Becki Guest

    well done to you both :D
    "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put
    both
    > of us in a state of shock.
    >
    > DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and
    when
    > she went in today, they had made a big poster congratulating her. She
    works
    > in a small vet clinic, and the group is very close and supportive, which will be great for her.
    >
    > Sharon

    ---

  9. Betty Boop

    Betty Boop Guest

    Good for both of you. You are on your way! Betty

    "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Oh Wow, what great news!
    >
    > "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put
    > both
    > > of us in a state of shock.
    > >
    > > DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and
    > when
    > > she went in today, they had made a big poster congratulating her. She
    > works
    > > in a small vet clinic, and the group is very close and supportive, which will be great for her.
    > >
    > > Sharon

  10. Wow! Both of you had superb 1st week losses. It really keeps you motivated to keep going. As does
    the support of others. I'm glad you have each other, and that your DD has the encouragement of her
    coworkers. Applause for each of you.

    Linda P On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:56:55 GMT, "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put both of us in a state
    >of shock.
    >
    >DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and when she went in today, they
    >had made a big poster congratulating her. She works in a small vet clinic, and the group is very
    >close and supportive, which will be great for her.
    >
    >Sharon

  11. Wannablean

    Wannablean Guest

    That is TERRIFIC!! I applaud both of you!!
    "betty boop" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Good for both of you. You are on your way! Betty
    >

    > "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Oh Wow, what great news!
    > >
    > > "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!!
    Put
    > > both
    > > > of us in a state of shock.
    > > >
    > > > DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and
    > > when
    > > > she went in today, they had made a big poster congratulating her. She
    > > works
    > > > in a small vet clinic, and the group is very close and supportive,
    which
    > > > will be great for her.
    > > >
    > > > Sharon

  12. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Congratulations are in order for both your daughter and yourself! Both are huge whooshes!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/201/155 RAFL 210.5/201/198.5 2nd 10% 219.5/201/198

    Sharon & Jack wrote:
    > Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put both of us in a state
    > of shock.
    >
    > DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and when she went in today, they
    > had made a big poster congratulating her. She works in a small vet clinic, and the group is very
    > close and supportive, which will be great for her.
    >
    > Sharon

  13. That is awesome ... what is a typical first week loss?

    I know it varies but can you all remember what you lost?

    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:56:55 GMT, "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put both of us in a state
    >of shock.
    >
    >DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and when she went in today, they
    >had made a big poster congratulating her. She works in a small vet clinic, and the group is very
    >close and supportive, which will be great for her.
    >
    >Sharon

  14. maybe 3.6 maybe less, Lee, fuzzy memory
    bob the builder <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > That is awesome ... what is a typical first week loss?
    >
    > I know it varies but can you all remember what you lost?
    >
    > On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:56:55 GMT, "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put
    both
    > >of us in a state of shock.
    > >
    > >DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and
    when
    > >she went in today, they had made a big poster congratulating her. She
    works
    > >in a small vet clinic, and the group is very close and supportive, which will be great for her.
    > >
    > >Sharon

  15. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    There really is no *typical* first week loss. The first few weeks will usually show larger than
    normal losses, as much of the number gone is water weight. Also, those with more to lose will also
    show larger losses (maybe are carrying more water weight also?) than those with smaller amounts.
    That said ... my first week was 4.6 pounds gone.

    Joyce

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:41:42 GMT, bob the builder <[email protected]> wrote:

    >That is awesome ... what is a typical first week loss?
    >
    >I know it varies but can you all remember what you lost?
    >
    >On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:56:55 GMT, "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put both of us in a state
    >>of shock.
    >>
    >>DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and when she went in today, they
    >>had made a big poster congratulating her. She works in a small vet clinic, and the group is very
    >>close and supportive, which will be great for her.
    >>
    >>Sharon

  16. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    My first week loss was 0.6kg (1.3lbs). Not my best week by a long shot, but I did have my
    grandmother's 80th birthday party in the middle of the week!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "bob the builder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > That is awesome ... what is a typical first week loss?
    >
    > I know it varies but can you all remember what you lost?
    >
    > On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:56:55 GMT, "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put
    both
    > >of us in a state of shock.
    > >
    > >DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and
    when
    > >she went in today, they had made a big poster congratulating her. She
    works
    > >in a small vet clinic, and the group is very close and supportive, which will be great for her.
    > >
    > >Sharon

  17. Thanks,

    I am staying on my 26 points or less and am not using the flex points. I am also playing tennis for
    an hour a day, 3 days a week. I sure hope I can lose a couple of pounds. It feels like I am eating a
    lot though.

    I am using the Smart Choice meals and there is so much sodium in them it is hard to believe that I
    will lose weight.

    On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 22:51:34 +1100, "JulieB" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >My first week loss was 0.6kg (1.3lbs). Not my best week by a long shot, but I did have my
    >grandmother's 80th birthday party in the middle of the week!

  18. Hi, Julie, Congratulations any loss is better than a gain.

    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/133.6/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

    "JulieB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > My first week loss was 0.6kg (1.3lbs). Not my best week by a long shot,
    but
    > I did have my grandmother's 80th birthday party in the middle of the week!
    >
    > --
    > Julie.
    > 93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg
    > 205.7/159./162.8 (WW)/158 (Personal) lb
    >
    > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
    >

    > "bob the builder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > That is awesome ... what is a typical first week loss?
    > >
    > > I know it varies but can you all remember what you lost?
    > >
    > > On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:56:55 GMT, "Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put
    > both
    > > >of us in a state of shock.
    > > >
    > > >DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with her news, and
    > when
    > > >she went in today, they had made a big poster congratulating her. She
    > works
    > > >in a small vet clinic, and the group is very close and supportive,
    which
    > > >will be great for her.
    > > >
    > > >Sharon

  19. 6.5 lbs
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >what is a typical first week loss?
    >
    >I know it varies but can you all remember what you lost?

    Linda P
    232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  20. Amberle3

    Amberle3 Guest

    Really easy for me to remember. 0. I started the plan with a
    5 week plateau. But in those 5 weeks I lost 5 inches in
    total, so I knew that something was happening. And that's
    why I always recommend to people that they track their
    measurements too - if I hadn't I would have been so
    discouraged after a few weeks that I would have given up!

    Amberle3

    --
    Amberle3
    249/215/205-minigoal/150?

    - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm
    - Spring Into Action Exercise Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/sia.htm