First Weigh in

Nice losses you two! How fun to be in WW together!

--

~Kristin O~
272/235.4/172

"Sharon & Jack" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]
rthlink.net...
> Monday was our first WI. DD lost 4.8 lbs and I lost
> 5.6!!!!!!!!!! Put
both
> of us in a state of shock.
>
> DD was so excited she called one of her co-workers with
> her news, and
when
> she went in today, they had made a big poster
> congratulating her. She
works
> in a small vet clinic, and the group is very close and
> supportive, which will be great for her.
>
> Sharon

I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!

I am psyched!

I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
certainly helps with motivation!

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:27:43 -0600, Prairie Roots
<[email protected]> wrote:

>6.5 lbs On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:41:42 GMT, bob the builder
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>what is a typical first week loss?
>>
>>I know it varies but can you all remember what you lost?
>
>Linda P
>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

That's terrific Bob! Congratulations! Nothing like success
to bring more success...

KD

"bob the builder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
>
> I am psyched!
>
> I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
> certainly helps with motivation!
>
> On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:27:43 -0600, Prairie Roots
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >6.5 lbs On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:41:42 GMT, bob the builder
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>what is a typical first week loss?
> >>
> >>I know it varies but can you all remember what you lost?
> >
> >Linda P
> >232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Have to presume that was an incredible loss of 6.8 pounds?

If so - again, incredible and Congratulations.

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:54:03 GMT, bob the builder
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
>
>I am psyched!
>
>I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
>certainly helps with motivation!
>
>On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:27:43 -0600, Prairie Roots
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>6.5 lbs On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:41:42 GMT, bob the builder
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>what is a typical first week loss?
>>>
>>>I know it varies but can you all remember what you lost?
>>
>>Linda P
>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Fantastic!

<[email protected]> wrote:

>I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
>
>I am psyched!
>
>I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
>certainly helps with motivation!
>
>On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:27:43 -0600, Prairie Roots
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>6.5 lbs On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:41:42 GMT, bob the builder
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>what is a typical first week loss?
>>>
>>>I know it varies but can you all remember what you lost?
>>
>>Linda P
>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Linda P
232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

WooHoo that is great Bob!! You must be so excited!! 6.8 lbs
is quite a bit!

Connie

bob the builder wrote:
> I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
>
> I am psyched!
>
> I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
> certainly helps with motivation!
>
> On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:27:43 -0600, Prairie Roots
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>6.5 lbs On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:41:42 GMT, bob the builder
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>what is a typical first week loss?
>>>
>>>I know it varies but can you all remember what you lost?
>>
>>Linda P
>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/197/155 RAFL 210.5/197/198.5 50 lbs off
241.5/197/191.5

excellent, Lee
bob the builder <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
>
> I am psyched!
>
> I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
> certainly helps with motivation!
>
> On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:27:43 -0600, Prairie Roots
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >6.5 lbs On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:41:42 GMT, bob the builder
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>what is a typical first week loss?
> >>
> >>I know it varies but can you all remember what you lost?
> >
> >Linda P
> >232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

excellent, Lee
bob the builder <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
>
> I am psyched!
>
> I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
> certainly helps with motivation!
>
> On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:27:43 -0600, Prairie Roots
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >6.5 lbs On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:41:42 GMT, bob the builder
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>what is a typical first week loss?
> >>
> >>I know it varies but can you all remember what you lost?
> >
> >Linda P
> >232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Thanks everyone!

I have another coming up on monday. This week has been
harder for some reason. I was going crazy to eat on
Saturday. I just could not get full no matter what I ate.
Does lack of sleep make you hungry? I did not count points
today . I don't think I did too bad because I have not used
any flex points for the week and had an average of 3 points
left over every day. Today was just really wierd. Oh well,
Thanks again for all the great messages!

<[email protected]> wrote:

>I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
>
>I am psyched!
>
>I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
>certainly helps with motivation!
>
>On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:27:43 -0600, Prairie Roots
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>6.5 lbs On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:41:42 GMT, bob the builder
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>what is a typical first week loss?
>>>
>>>I know it varies but can you all remember what you lost?
>>
>>Linda P
>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

I think everyone has had a day or two like that.

But I do have a question or suggestion. If you are
following flex points - you should be eating your minimum
points each day and not be shorting them by 3 points or any
points. Also, if earning activity points you should be
eating some of those. You do not have to eat your flex
points. You should try journaling even when things are out
of "control!" (G) That way you get an idea of how out-of-
control it really was and you may figure out why. Wrong
foods triggering more wrong foods, not enough protein? Not
enough fat (oddly enough)

But good luck.

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 04:37:18 GMT, bob the builder
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks everyone!
>
>I have another coming up on monday. This week has been
>harder for some reason. I was going crazy to eat on
>Saturday. I just could not get full no matter what I ate.
>Does lack of sleep make you hungry? I did not count points
>today . I don't think I did too bad because I have not used
>any flex points for the week and had an average of 3 points
>left over every day. Today was just really wierd. Oh well,
>Thanks again for all the great messages!
>
>On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:54:03 GMT, bob the builder
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
>>
>>I am psyched!
>>
>>I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
>>certainly helps with motivation!
>>
>>On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:27:43 -0600, Prairie Roots
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>6.5 lbs On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:41:42 GMT, bob the builder

>>>Linda P
>>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

As Fred has already observed, eating your daily points is
essential. Whether you use your flex points is your choice,
but eating your daily point is not optional. Many people
find that consistently undereating usually results in one of
the following: weight gain, weight plateaus, or binge
eating. If you're exercising, eating enough becomes even
more important. After all, food equals body fuel equals
survival. If you're like me, making the mental switch from
living to eat to eating to live is hard but necessary.

Combining good food choices (vegetables, protein, fat,
complex carbs) with sufficient points/calories to fuel your
metabolism is the formula for weight loss success and
lifetime health. Good luck!

Linda P On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 04:37:18 GMT, bob the builder
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks everyone!
>
>I have another coming up on monday. This week has been
>harder for some reason. I was going crazy to eat on
>Saturday. I just could not get full no matter what I ate.
>Does lack of sleep make you hungry? I did not count points
>today . I don't think I did too bad because I have not used
>any flex points for the week and had an average of 3 points
>left over every day. Today was just really wierd. Oh well,
>Thanks again for all the great messages!
>
>On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:54:03 GMT, bob the builder
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
>>
>>I am psyched!
>>
>>I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
>>certainly helps with motivation!
>>
>>On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:27:43 -0600, Prairie Roots
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>6.5 lbs On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:41:42 GMT, bob the builder

>>>Linda P
>>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Well.

weigh in no. 2 saw me lose 2 lbs. I was not thrilled
with that because I felt I did better. I will try harder
this week!

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks everyone!
>
>I have another coming up on monday. This week has been
>harder for some reason. I was going crazy to eat on
>Saturday. I just could not get full no matter what I ate.
>Does lack of sleep make you hungry? I did not count points
>today . I don't think I did too bad because I have not used
>any flex points for the week and had an average of 3 points
>left over every day. Today was just really wierd. Oh well,
>Thanks again for all the great messages!
>
>On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:54:03 GMT, bob the builder
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
>>
>>I am psyched!
>>
>>I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
>>certainly helps with motivation!
>>
>>On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:27:43 -0600, Prairie Roots
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>6.5 lbs On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:41:42 GMT, bob the builder

>>>Linda P
>>>232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

I have been eating the Smart Choice meals. Most days, it
feels like I am eating too much. I go to sleep and am not
hungry at all. I could not find my journal yesterday and was
thinking about eating all the time. I am going to use Excel
today until I can get another journal. Thanks for the
advise. I will definitely try and journalize and get my
proteins in. You must be right about lack of proteins and
fats cause that is what usually fills you up right?

Thanks again!

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:27:41 -0800, Fred
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I think everyone has had a day or two like that.
>
>But I do have a question or suggestion. If you are
>following flex points - you should be eating your minimum
>points each day and not be shorting them by 3 points or any
>points. Also, if earning activity points you should be
>eating some of those. You do not have to eat your flex
>points. You should try journaling even when things are out
>of "control!" (G) That way you get an idea of how out-of-
>control it really was and you may figure out why. Wrong
>foods triggering more wrong foods, not enough protein? Not
>enough fat (oddly enough)
>
>But good luck.
>
>On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 04:37:18 GMT, bob the builder
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Thanks everyone!
>>
>>I have another coming up on monday. This week has been
>>harder for some reason. I was going crazy to eat on
>>Saturday. I just could not get full no matter what I ate.
>>Does lack of sleep make you hungry? I did not count points
>>today . I don't think I did too bad because I have not
>>used any flex points for the week and had an average of 3
>>points left over every day. Today was just really wierd.
>>Oh well, Thanks again for all the great messages!
>>
>>On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:54:03 GMT, bob the builder
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
>>>
>>>I am psyched!
>>>
>>>I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
>>>certainly helps with motivation!

TWO pounds is actually very good and consistent with WW's
recommendation of 1 to 2 pounds of loss per week. Don't over
do your push or you will probably just abandon your efforts
and suffer malnutrition. Actually, not eating your allotted
points could slow your loss, too.

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 02:20:37 GMT, bob the builder
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Well.
>
>weigh in no. 2 saw me lose 2 lbs. I was not thrilled
>with that because I felt I did better. I will try harder
>this week!
>
>On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 04:37:18 GMT, bob the builder
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Thanks everyone!
>>
>>I have another coming up on monday. This week has been
>>harder for some reason. I was going crazy to eat on
>>Saturday. I just could not get full no matter what I ate.
>>Does lack of sleep make you hungry? I did not count points
>>today . I don't think I did too bad because I have not
>>used any flex points for the week and had an average of 3
>>points left over every day. Today was just really wierd.
>>Oh well, Thanks again for all the great messages!
>>
>>On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:54:03 GMT, bob the builder
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
>>>
>>>I am psyched!
>>>
>>>I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
>>>certainly helps with motivation!

That is the top of what WW considers healthy and is excellent, Lee
bob the builder <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well.
>
> weigh in no. 2 saw me lose 2 lbs. I was not thrilled
> with that because I felt I did better. I will try harder
> this week!
>
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 04:37:18 GMT, bob the builder
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Thanks everyone!
> >
> >I have another coming up on monday. This week has been
> >harder for some reason. I was going crazy to eat on
> >Saturday. I just could not get full no matter what I ate.
> >Does lack of sleep make you hungry? I did not count
> >points today . I don't think I did too bad because I have
> >not used any flex points for the week and had an average
> >of 3 points left over every day. Today was just really
> >wierd. Oh well, Thanks again for all the great messages!
> >
> >On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:54:03 GMT, bob the builder
> ><[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
> >>
> >>I am psyched!
> >>
> >>I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
> >>certainly helps with motivation!

2 lbs is a great weight loss for a second weigh in!!
Don't be disappointed, that is how it goes. The first
week is a big week but thereafter the losses are smaller
(for most people)

Connie

bob the builder wrote:
> Well.
>
> weigh in no. 2 saw me lose 2 lbs. I was not thrilled
> with that because I felt I did better. I will try harder
> this week!
>
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 04:37:18 GMT, bob the builder
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Thanks everyone!
>>
>>I have another coming up on monday. This week has been
>>harder for some reason. I was going crazy to eat on
>>Saturday. I just could not get full no matter what I ate.
>>Does lack of sleep make you hungry? I did not count points
>>today . I don't think I did too bad because I have not
>>used any flex points for the week and had an average of 3
>>points left over every day. Today was just really wierd.
>>Oh well, Thanks again for all the great messages!
>>
>>On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:54:03 GMT, bob the builder
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
>>>
>>>I am psyched!
>>>
>>>I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
>>>certainly helps with motivation!

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/197/155 RAFL 210.5/197/198.5 50 lbs off
241.5/197/191.5

You should be very thrilled, 2 pounds in one week is a
fantastic loss! Anything higher than that is considered
unhealthy. And it has been well documented that a slower
rate of loss gives the best chance at it becoming a
permanent loss. Losing quicker doesn't give you the time
needed to learn, build and practice the new and healthier
habits to make it a lifelong change.

It sure doesn't sound to me like you need to try any harder
at all - you are doing fantastic. Keep up the good work!

Joyce

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Well.
>
>weigh in no. 2 saw me lose 2 lbs. I was not thrilled
>with that because I felt I did better. I will try harder
>this week!
>
>On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 04:37:18 GMT, bob the builder
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Thanks everyone!
>>
>>I have another coming up on monday. This week has been
>>harder for some reason. I was going crazy to eat on
>>Saturday. I just could not get full no matter what I ate.
>>Does lack of sleep make you hungry? I did not count points
>>today . I don't think I did too bad because I have not
>>used any flex points for the week and had an average of 3
>>points left over every day. Today was just really wierd.
>>Oh well, Thanks again for all the great messages!
>>
>>On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:54:03 GMT, bob the builder
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
>>>
>>>I am psyched!
>>>
>>>I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
>>>certainly helps with motivation!

2 pounds is 2 pounds. That's a great loss!

Congratulations

Julie "bob the builder" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Well.
>
> weigh in no. 2 saw me lose 2 lbs. I was not thrilled
> with that because I felt I did better. I will try harder
> this week!
>
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 04:37:18 GMT, bob the builder
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Thanks everyone!
> >
> >I have another coming up on monday. This week has been
> >harder for some reason. I was going crazy to eat on
> >Saturday. I just could not get full no matter what I ate.
> >Does lack of sleep make you hungry? I did not count
> >points today . I don't think I did too bad because I have
> >not used any flex points for the week and had an average
> >of 3 points left over every day. Today was just really
> >wierd. Oh well, Thanks again for all the great messages!
> >
> >On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:54:03 GMT, bob the builder
> ><[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>I had my first week weight in ..... 6.8 lbs!
> >>
> >>I am psyched!
> >>
> >>I know this is going to be difficult, but good news
> >>certainly helps with motivation!

Mixing up the carbs, protein and fat is essential to a
balanced diet. And, yes, protein and even fats (olive oil,
almonds, walnuts, peanuts, avocado) help keep you satiated.
We tend to burn through carbs faster and they don't tend to
last as long.

I don't mean to lecture because I am no longer journaling
regularly but only did that months after reaching goal and
pretty much have my daily routine and PORTIONS under
control. But by Journaling I did learn portions and how much
food I need as oppose to want. I also learned protein/carb
proportions.

You can add three points (3 pts) by just adding one
TABLESPOON of oil or a couple of nuts during the day. So be
careful, it does not take much to add those 3 points (G)