First weight loss milestone

Bob Mann

Guest
I weighed in this morning at 164.5 lbs which takes me under the 165 lb
weight class limit.
I personally feel I can maintain 155 to 160 lbs and then carb up for a
contest if required. (if I ever manage to compete again)
Started out at 173.

Incidentally. I tried my first squat workout last week.
It hurt and I was sore for 3 days after.
I got up to half a plate per side.
This sucks.

I was strong enough to do more but the knee was hurting and I thought
I was going to pull a ham or a groin.
--
Bob Mann
Help save trees. Wipe your ass with an owl.

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:44:24 -0600, Bob Mann <[email protected]>
wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

>I weighed in this morning at 164.5 lbs which takes me under the 165 lb
>weight class limit.
>I personally feel I can maintain 155 to 160 lbs and then carb up for a
>contest if required. (if I ever manage to compete again)
>Started out at 173.
>
>Incidentally. I tried my first squat workout last week.
>It hurt and I was sore for 3 days after.
>I got up to half a plate per side.
>This sucks.
>
>I was strong enough to do more but the knee was hurting and I thought
>I was going to pull a ham or a groin.

Good job, Bob! I'm thinking about training to be the best powerlifter
on golf's senior tour when I turn 50. Damn there's some money to be
made there.

Bob Mann wrote:
> I weighed in this morning at 164.5 lbs which takes me under the 165 lb
> weight class limit.
> I personally feel I can maintain 155 to 160 lbs and then carb up for a
> contest if required. (if I ever manage to compete again)
> Started out at 173.
>
> Incidentally. I tried my first squat workout last week.
> It hurt and I was sore for 3 days after.
> I got up to half a plate per side.
> This sucks.
>
> I was strong enough to do more but the knee was hurting and I thought
> I was going to pull a ham or a groin.

Nicely done Bob. I'm stuck at 191 and 188 seems impossible. I'm going to
review what I'm doing/eating again. I think just too many "re-feed
weekends"!
--
-Larry

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:01:06 -0800, "Larry Hodges"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Bob Mann wrote:
>> I weighed in this morning at 164.5 lbs which takes me under the 165 lb
>> weight class limit.
>> I personally feel I can maintain 155 to 160 lbs and then carb up for a
>> contest if required. (if I ever manage to compete again)
>> Started out at 173.
>>
>> Incidentally. I tried my first squat workout last week.
>> It hurt and I was sore for 3 days after.
>> I got up to half a plate per side.
>> This sucks.
>>
>> I was strong enough to do more but the knee was hurting and I thought
>> I was going to pull a ham or a groin.

>Nicely done Bob. I'm stuck at 191 and 188 seems impossible. I'm going to
>review what I'm doing/eating again. I think just too many "re-feed
>weekends"!

I considered the refeeds but what I have noticed is that I will gain a
little and then have one or two lower calorie days and the weight just
plummets for 2 or 3 days.
It is definitely a wave not a freefall.
As long as I'm not hungry I don't mind what the calories are as long
as they stay below 2000. Generally I am in the 1600 range but the last
couple of days were around 1400. I know that's low but it's what
works.
I could also be underestimating some meals as I don't measure.
--
Bob Mann
Help save trees. Wipe your ass with an owl.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:01:04 -0600, John Hanson
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:44:24 -0600, Bob Mann <[email protected]>
>wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
>
>>I weighed in this morning at 164.5 lbs which takes me under the 165 lb
>>weight class limit.
>>I personally feel I can maintain 155 to 160 lbs and then carb up for a
>>contest if required. (if I ever manage to compete again)
>>Started out at 173.
>>
>>Incidentally. I tried my first squat workout last week.
>>It hurt and I was sore for 3 days after.
>>I got up to half a plate per side.
>>This sucks.
>>
>>I was strong enough to do more but the knee was hurting and I thought
>>I was going to pull a ham or a groin.

>Good job, Bob! I'm thinking about training to be the best powerlifter
>on golf's senior tour when I turn 50. Damn there's some money to be
>made there.

Thanks.
I agree. We sure picked the wrong sport for money.