First weight loss milestone

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Bob Mann, Feb 27, 2005.

  1. Bob Mann

    Bob Mann Guest

    I weighed in this morning at 164.5 lbs which takes me under the 165 lb
    weight class limit.
    I personally feel I can maintain 155 to 160 lbs and then carb up for a
    contest if required. (if I ever manage to compete again)
    Started out at 173.

    Incidentally. I tried my first squat workout last week.
    It hurt and I was sore for 3 days after.
    I got up to half a plate per side.
    This sucks.

    I was strong enough to do more but the knee was hurting and I thought
    I was going to pull a ham or a groin.
    --
    Bob Mann
    Help save trees. Wipe your ass with an owl.

    Tags:

  2. John Hanson

    John Hanson Guest

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:44:24 -0600, Bob Mann <[email protected]>
    wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    >I weighed in this morning at 164.5 lbs which takes me under the 165 lb
    >weight class limit.
    >I personally feel I can maintain 155 to 160 lbs and then carb up for a
    >contest if required. (if I ever manage to compete again)
    >Started out at 173.
    >
    >Incidentally. I tried my first squat workout last week.
    >It hurt and I was sore for 3 days after.
    >I got up to half a plate per side.
    >This sucks.
    >
    >I was strong enough to do more but the knee was hurting and I thought
    >I was going to pull a ham or a groin.

    Good job, Bob! I'm thinking about training to be the best powerlifter
    on golf's senior tour when I turn 50. Damn there's some money to be
    made there.

  3. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    Bob Mann wrote:
    > I weighed in this morning at 164.5 lbs which takes me under the 165 lb
    > weight class limit.
    > I personally feel I can maintain 155 to 160 lbs and then carb up for a
    > contest if required. (if I ever manage to compete again)
    > Started out at 173.
    >
    > Incidentally. I tried my first squat workout last week.
    > It hurt and I was sore for 3 days after.
    > I got up to half a plate per side.
    > This sucks.
    >
    > I was strong enough to do more but the knee was hurting and I thought
    > I was going to pull a ham or a groin.

    Nicely done Bob. I'm stuck at 191 and 188 seems impossible. I'm going to
    review what I'm doing/eating again. I think just too many "re-feed
    weekends"!
    --
    -Larry

  4. Bob Mann

    Bob Mann Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:01:06 -0800, "Larry Hodges"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Bob Mann wrote:
    >> I weighed in this morning at 164.5 lbs which takes me under the 165 lb
    >> weight class limit.
    >> I personally feel I can maintain 155 to 160 lbs and then carb up for a
    >> contest if required. (if I ever manage to compete again)
    >> Started out at 173.
    >>
    >> Incidentally. I tried my first squat workout last week.
    >> It hurt and I was sore for 3 days after.
    >> I got up to half a plate per side.
    >> This sucks.
    >>
    >> I was strong enough to do more but the knee was hurting and I thought
    >> I was going to pull a ham or a groin.

    >Nicely done Bob. I'm stuck at 191 and 188 seems impossible. I'm going to
    >review what I'm doing/eating again. I think just too many "re-feed
    >weekends"!

    I considered the refeeds but what I have noticed is that I will gain a
    little and then have one or two lower calorie days and the weight just
    plummets for 2 or 3 days.
    It is definitely a wave not a freefall.
    As long as I'm not hungry I don't mind what the calories are as long
    as they stay below 2000. Generally I am in the 1600 range but the last
    couple of days were around 1400. I know that's low but it's what
    works.
    I could also be underestimating some meals as I don't measure.
    --
    Bob Mann
    Help save trees. Wipe your ass with an owl.

  5. Bob Mann

    Bob Mann Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:01:04 -0600, John Hanson
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:44:24 -0600, Bob Mann <[email protected]>
    >wrote in misc.fitness.weights:
    >
    >>I weighed in this morning at 164.5 lbs which takes me under the 165 lb
    >>weight class limit.
    >>I personally feel I can maintain 155 to 160 lbs and then carb up for a
    >>contest if required. (if I ever manage to compete again)
    >>Started out at 173.
    >>
    >>Incidentally. I tried my first squat workout last week.
    >>It hurt and I was sore for 3 days after.
    >>I got up to half a plate per side.
    >>This sucks.
    >>
    >>I was strong enough to do more but the knee was hurting and I thought
    >>I was going to pull a ham or a groin.

    >Good job, Bob! I'm thinking about training to be the best powerlifter
    >on golf's senior tour when I turn 50. Damn there's some money to be
    >made there.

    Thanks.
    I agree. We sure picked the wrong sport for money.