Fisher Marlin used price?

Max

Guest
I am looking at a used Gary Fisher Marlin. Do not know much about these things, but it seems to be a
fairly well respected bike for a beginner.

I am trying to determine if the price is good. The owner is asking $175. I do not know what year it
is, however it is solid metallic grey, not 2-tone like the current models.

Any advice on how to determine if it is worth the $$$ ?

TIA!

"Max" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I am looking at a used Gary Fisher Marlin. Do not know much about these
things,
> but it seems to be a fairly well respected bike for a beginner.
>
> I am trying to determine if the price is good. The owner is asking $175. I
do
> not know what year it is, however it is solid metallic grey, not 2-tone
like the
> current models.
>
> Any advice on how to determine if it is worth the $$$ ?
>
> TIA!

A new Marlin would cost @ $450. Kick the tires. If the center treads aren't worn down on the rear
wheel, if the brake pads have lots of rubber left, if the wheels spin without wobble, if it shifts
easily through all of the gears, it's should be worth $175.

If it's painted red, offer $200

DTW .../\.../\.../\...

Max <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I am looking at a used Gary Fisher Marlin. Do not know much about these things, but it seems to be
> a fairly well respected bike for a beginner.
>
> I am trying to determine if the price is good. The owner is asking $175. I do not know what year
> it is, however it is solid metallic grey, not 2-tone like the current models.
>
> Any advice on how to determine if it is worth the $$$ ?
>
> TIA!

if everything works on it, that should be a fair price. i have a 99 marlin that has served me well,
through all kinds of conditions and crashes. i'm a trail rider, not a racer, but you would probably
be looking at something lighter and more expensive to go racing. just don't catch my upgrade
disease; i've spent way too much money on this bike changing the fork, derailleurs, shifters, bars,
pedals, etc. next time i'll buy everything i want right on the showroom floor and save the money for
an MTB vacation. smokey