Fisher or Kona? HT or FS?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by BrandonAggMtnBk, Dec 3, 2003.

1. BrandonAggMtnBk

BrandonAggMtnBk New Member

I narrowed down my Fisher choices but decided to add in some Konas because of all the good I have read about them.

HT:
    04 Fisher Ziggurat
    04 Kona Kula Deluxe

FS:
    04 Fisher Cake2
    04 Kona Kikapu Deluxe

I mainly ride semi-technical crosscountry and I will be comeing from a 03 Fisher Tassajara. I'd like to get into competitive crosscountry but don't know wether to go with a hardtail or fullsuspension. Let me know if you have any experience with Kona or Fisher and which you prefer. Thanks for the help.

Brandon.

Tags:

2. Alnamvet

Alnamvet New Member

I don't particularly care for FS bikes....in a few years or less, you may be hard pressed to find replacement parts/rear shocks; but if you must, go with the KONA...HT or FS...several friends have had outstanding warranty service with KONA...they more often than not replace frames rather than repair or jerry-rig a fix.

3. ger

ger New Member

I would prefer Gary Fisher. I had bad expirience with KONA warranty at my Kona Kula from 1998. It broke withoud accident and Kona Europe did not replace the Frameset. They offered a new Kula frame to replace the Kula frame, for a scandalous high price. Nowadays I drive an Klein Attitude Race and its perfect. Lifetime garanteed by Trek/Klein.

4. Greg-O

Greg-O New Member

Yeah, I'd go with the Gary Fisher. For some reason the ride on one just seems so much better....
    it's odd how after many years of experience I still can't really explain why, so I'll just avoid the topic.