fit guide/sports medicine book wanted to address shoulder pain

iconoclasthero

Aug 8, 2011
I recently increased my cycling over the past two months to log about 1000 miles over the same period. My shoulders are both really bothering me, particularly when I wake up in the morning and roll over on it. It feels like it is under/inside the deltoids, particularly as i rotate my arm back behind me. I do have full range of motion though. I picked up Cycling Anatomy today and it isn't really what I'm looking for. Is there a good guide to fitting a road bike (orbea aqua in this case) that will help me make some tweaks based on my symptoms? How about a sports medicine cycling book that looks at common injuries and bike fit issues? I think that the Anatomy book I got today has some exercise suggestions but perhaps not so much in the area of stretching. I've already come to the conclusion that my seat needs to be moved forward some because I've noticed I push myself back... I'm also thinking of raising the handlebars or the handlebar angle.

I'm really interested in finding a good book or medical text that I might be able to get from the library or ILL, or a site that does a good job of explaining the concepts behind fitting a bike to alleviate symptoms.

Thanks