Fitday

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Debb, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Debb

    Debb Guest

    I have another question for you WW's. Does anyone know what the daily percentages should be for
    protein, fat, carbs, etc -- is it like 40-30-20-10 or something like that? (I've seen something
    similar to that somewhere).I saw where Ray mentioned Fitday and I've been to it before and it seemed
    complicated, but I've just been on it for an hour and couldn't find the answer to this question.
    (Although I think it has lots of good stuff if a person is willing to spend the time on it to learn
    -- thanks, Ray).

    I would like to try to evaluate myself this coming year, but I couldn't find anything that gave
    percentages on how I was eating. It gave me the pie percentages, but I don't have any idea if I'm
    doing good or bad. Did I miss something in there?

    Thanks, Debbie

    ---

  2. Debb

    Debb Guest

    Does anyone know what the daily
    > percentages should be for protein, fat, carbs, etc -- is it like
    40-30-20-10
    > or something like that? > Debbie

    After doing some research I found this info on numerous sites at google if anyone else is curious.

    Carbs -- 50-60% Protien -- 20-30% Fat -- 15-20%

    ---

  3. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    "Debb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know what the daily
    > > percentages should be for protein, fat, carbs, etc -- is it like
    > 40-30-20-10
    > > or something like that? > Debbie
    >
    > After doing some research I found this info on numerous sites at google if anyone else is curious.
    >
    > Carbs -- 50-60% Protien -- 20-30% Fat -- 15-20%

    I was going to say that it probably depends on what diet you're following. The low-carber's
    percentages would look very different to that!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.7/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

  4. interesting, thanks, Lee
    Debb <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know what the daily
    > > percentages should be for protein, fat, carbs, etc -- is it like
    > 40-30-20-10
    > > or something like that? > Debbie
    >
    > After doing some research I found this info on numerous sites at google if anyone else is curious.
    >
    > Carbs -- 50-60% Protien -- 20-30% Fat -- 15-20%
    >

    > ---

  5. Debb

    Debb Guest

    "Miss Violette"
    > interesting, thanks, Lee

    > > After doing some research I found this info on numerous sites at google
    if
    > > anyone else is curious.
    > >
    > > Carbs -- 50-60% Protien -- 20-30% Fat -- 15-20%

    Thanks, Lee.

    I'm a numbers person and I like thinking there is a formula to this madness that I can calculate to
    make sense to me and keep me on track.

    Debbie

    ---

  6. I am not a numbers person but I have realized I need structure to control my
    weight so numbers are definitely a part of it, Lee