Fitness cycle or bicycle?

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by SophiaDJames, Oct 12, 2020.

1. SophiaDJames

SophiaDJames New Member

i want to buy fitness cycle can you guys tell me about which type of fitness cycle, seen some wonderful deals on sprit halloween coupons at much discounted rate but which one is preferred fitness cycle for home or bicycle?

Tags:

2. dabac

dabac Well-Known Member

Exercise bikes, stationary bikes, spin bikes etc are often perceived as being massively boring to use. Many end up being used as clothes racks within weeks of purchase.

SophiaDJames likes this.
  3. karuki89

karuki89 New Member

Yes, And household exercise bike is not a good option. A road bike or mountain bike is in suggestion.

4. Jorg Schlagheck

Jorg Schlagheck New Member

I would highly recommend buying a real bicycle. A stationary bike is no fun and it doesn't really work well to give you meaningful exercise. The best part about cycling is to get outside and explore new routes, climb and descend hills and breathe lots of fresh air. You improve your fitness while you're having fun, not while you're sitting in your house in one spot, turning some cranks with your legs. Get out there and ride, my friend! You may have winter where you live, so get a bike that you can take out in bad weather. Might even want to invest in a set of studded tires. Get a bike like this so you can afford it:

View: https://youtu.be/ZvCah63l93g

5. Yojimbo_

Yojimbo_ Well-Known Member

If you have the budget, get a real bike and a bike trainer. With a smart trainer you can connect to the internet and race other people, do training programs or climb mountains.

You use your bike on the trainer and you can also use your bike outside.

Search on smart trainers, Zwift and The Sufferfest for some ideas of what's available.