Fitness Level y'all!

G

Since we're just a small bunch here, I think it'll be interesting to know your fitness levels. This would be great so people with the same fitness level can monitor each others training and improvement, so people with no cycling buddies can at least have some form of measure for their fitness. Start off by stating your resting and max HR, and what type of workouts you do.

for me:

MAX HR: brought it up to 200 bpm once while rowing
RESTING HR: 52 bpm
WORKOUTS: 3-4 times a week. 30-40 mins per workout.

Just started training 'seriously' a month or two ago. Still working on endurance and stuff like that. Would be interesting to know where you guys are now and what type of training brought you there.

Cheers!

MAX HR: Dont know i dont have a biking heart rate monitor just a stap on big one with blood pressue etc
RESTING HR: 52 bpm Mines around here to though it changes
, my lowest heart rate every has been 43bpm a few days after my 260k ride
WORKOUTS: 4-5 times a week. 60-80 mins per workout.

I started out Mountain biking my dad got a mtb and i got motivated heh i followed him on i bike that belonged in the dump and after a massive(it was big then) 6k i was buggered as i hadnt riden for a year or 2 or more. Acutally the reason i hadent ridden was my bike got wrecked when i had a crash and i gave up as the bike was gone. i am a scrooge.

Hey also what is the biggest ride you guys have done?. hey vO2 wanna do a 350k when you get here ;D ;D

My biggest so far has been 260k. on my road bike and
130k on My mountain bike.

Top SPEEDS

87 kph on my road; 73 on my mountain bike in the bush

Max HR: 188
Resting HR: 55 @ the moment (remember, I'm in IT. Lotsa stress!)
Training:
  • Monday: Rest day
  • Tuesday-Thursday: Target Specific
  • Friday: Rest day
  • Sat - Sunday: Race time!
Longest race: 120k's competitive
Best time: 80k race in 2h20 - 36 km/h average.

hey vO2 wanna do a 350k when you get here?
Gee, that's serious distance! I will certainly give it a shot!

Just checked out my cycling computer after coming back from a 97k race. The max speed indicates 110 km/h :eek:
Now I know that there was one serious downhill during the race, and that I was flying when I came down there, but 110km/h? Everything else seems fine; the distance, my average speed etc.
I'm speechless...

MaxHR: 202 (saw it during climb on a race when I was unfit but I can't get anywhere near now that I am fit)

RestHR: 39 - 44

VO2max: 67 (I think)

Workouts:

Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 30kms to work (+/- 1 hr each way)
Easy in the mornings. Easy, hard or intervals on the way home.
Done lots of base work and stamina. Now doing high intensity strength work

Tuesday : rest day

Saturday : easy 3 to 5 hours
Sunday : RACE or 3 hour medium hard club ride

Measured this morning
Max HR 189
Rest HR 55 -60 (dont know how you guys get such a low rhr)

Training at the moment
Monday to Wednesday
Easy morning ride (on trainer) 20 - 30 minutes
Hill climb training afternoon
Thurday
rest
friday
easy to medium morning ride on trainer 20-35 min
saturday
rest
sunday
40 - 60 km ride

Max speed. 85 km/h My heart rate monitor when moggy one and measure 210 km/h.

sean from those statistics you should be a pro soon ;D .

Ouzo. the low heart rate reflects the time/effort on the bike. if you increased you time/effort slowly your heart rate changes :). i read in a bike mag the HR of one of the pros and it was 55bpm.

Feels great to have a low HR huh? Something we can say the pros can't keep to themselves!

Let's now shoot for Big MIg's resting HR of 24 BPM!

Feels great to have a low HR huh? Something we can say the pros can't keep to themselves!

Let's now shoot for Big MIg's resting HR of 24 BPM!
:eek: I'm sure I read his lowest recorded HR and the lowest ever reading was 28. His VO2max was 92 or something like that. heart and lungs twice the normal size pushed his bowels against his stomach muscles and made him look like he had a slight "boep" (belly for non SA guys).

sean from those statistics you should be a pro soon  ;D .

Ouzo. the low heart rate reflects the time/effort on the bike. if you increased you time/effort slowly your heart rate changes :). i read in a bike mag the HR of one of the pros and it was 55bpm.
Nicholas, I'm planning to race in the licensed vets 31-35 next year. A friend and I actually rode most of the Kempton Park race with them while on a training ride but we were called out of the bunch by some marshalls.

The reason your HR drops is because the heart muscles gets larger and stronger and therefore pumps more blood more efficiently per beat.

Since the 94.7 I've taken my training a step up. I now do longer and harder rides. I try and do 30 kliks in the morning before work and minimum 20 kliks at night after work (50 kliks a day). The result?: my resting heart rate now hovers around the 53 mark. (t'was 55 about 4 months ago)

Don't think Lance Armstrong is a member of the forum yet. Until then, here are his stats (from his official website):

Resting heart rate: 32-34
VO2ml/kg: 83.8
Max power at VO2: 600 watts
Max heart rate: 201
Lactate Threshold HR: 178
Time Trial HR: 188-192
Pedal rpm's during TT: 95-100
Climbing rpm's: 80-85, sometimes faster when attacking
Average HR during endurance rides (4-6 hrs): 124-128
Average watts during endurance rides: 245-280 watts
Training miles/hours, endurance rides: 5- 6 hrs / 100-130miles

Goh, he is one serious fit athlete! My average HR during the 94.7 was 174, compared to his endurance HR of 124-128! Sometimes I wonder why I bother? :-/

hi every one ;D i just wanted to update my statistics :).
my average hr is now 43 bpm. because i am now doing training most days and harder too. im doing the same distance the club races for my practice runs/races.

at the moment there is no club racing they said that will start next month so iv got plenty of time to improve my fitness.

how is every one elses fitness going?.

My fitness has definitely improved since I last posted my stats.
About 5 months ago, whenever I did long endurance training rides, my averge HR would be about 148. I now do the same ride faster, and with an average HR of 142! Also, my recovery time is much much quicker.
I just love the feeling of fitness!

How far and how fast would you be riding with that ave heart rate of 142?

I'll post my ave HR from my next ride, which will probably be tomrorow arvo, i've got a damn meeting at 8am  :-[ I hate trainign after work!

cheers!

Me 1½ year ago: ;D

Max HR: 195
Resting HR: 37
Vo2Max: 87
Watt/kg: 7.8
Weight: 79kg

Today: :-/

Max HR: 195 (I think)
Resting HR: Above 50
Vo2Max: Below 50
Watt/kg: Don't know
Weight: 87kg

Sheez, a drop in Vo2Max by 37 marks! :eek: What happened, if I may ask?

Only one lung workin these days?

I think most biker riders keep eating the same amount of food when they stop riding/racing. Weight is easy to put on but bloody hard to take off ::)

cheers!

Yes, how did that happen? ???
Well, I stopped training and racing completely after the National Championships in 2000. From a very fit young man I turned into one of the laziest young men on planet earth over a night. Now, a year and a half later, I'm partying instead of riding my bike. I have a lot to catch up there ;D