Fitness ) style ) form ??

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jeff Potter, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Jeff Potter

    Jeff Potter Guest

    I'm thinking that after one is fit enough for long enough they stand a chance of finding their own
    personal style. Then when they can tell they're able to play that style out successfully, they say
    they're "in form."

    Then one can always expand each of these 3 areas.

    But great fitness alone means nothing. And knowing what your style is like is useless unless you're
    in shape enough to use it.

    Is that kind of how it goes?

    --

    Jeff Potter
    ****

    Tags:

  2. "Jeff Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm thinking that after one is fit enough for long enough they stand a chance of finding their own
    > personal style. Then when they can tell they're able to play that style out successfully, they say
    > they're "in form."

    It never ceases to amaze me, how far your head is up your ass.

    I've found my own personal style. I call it "Masters Fattie".

    I am very successful at playing out that style.

    I am IN FORM!

    K. Gringioni

  3. Bobby Carter

    Bobby Carter Guest

    i think albright just agreed with jeff- and andrew does suffer severe acute craniorectal inversion.
    news:[email protected]...

  4. "bobby carter" > wrote in message
    > i think albright just agreed with jeff- and andrew does suffer severe
    acute
    > craniorectal inversion. . "Kurgan Gringioni" wrote
    > > "Jeff Potter" wrote< As ever, little of consequence..................

    Sports, It's really anal optical neuritis, wherein your optics connect to your anus, thereby giving
    you a shitty outlook.

    -Chris Mitchell -wearing glasses and carrying TP

  5. "bobby carter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > i think albright just agreed with jeff- and andrew does suffer severe
    acute
    > craniorectal inversion. .

    I agree.

    That albright does have his head up his ass.

  6. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    What the hell are you talking about?

    "Jeff Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm thinking that after one is fit enough for long enough they stand a chance of finding their own
    > personal style. Then when they can tell they're able to play that style out successfully, they say
    > they're "in form."
    >
    > Then one can always expand each of these 3 areas.
    >
    > But great fitness alone means nothing. And knowing what your style is like is useless unless
    > you're in shape enough to use it.
    >
    > Is that kind of how it goes?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Jeff Potter
    > ****
    > *Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com for modern folkways and culture revival...
    > ...offering "small world" views on bikes, bows, books, movies... ...new books featuring: XC ski
    > culture, a Gulf Coast thriller folding bicycles ... with radical novels coming up! ...original
    > downloadable music ... and articles galore! plus national "Off the Beaten Path" travel forums!
    > HOLY SMOKES!

  7. Lewdvig

    Lewdvig Guest

    My 2 cents: If you are fit (i.e. not fat) it is a lot easier to be a stylish rider. Fitness + Style
    = confidence = form.

    As a fat guy, I can say this with absolute certainty.

    "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What the hell are you talking about?
    >
    > "Jeff Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm thinking that after one is fit enough for long enough they stand a chance of finding their
    > > own personal style. Then when they can tell they're able to play that style out successfully,
    > > they say they're "in form."
    > >
    > > Then one can always expand each of these 3 areas.
    > >
    > > But great fitness alone means nothing. And knowing what your style is like is useless unless
    > > you're in shape enough to use it.
    > >
    > > Is that kind of how it goes?
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Jeff Potter
    > > ****
    > > *Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com for modern folkways and culture revival...
    > > ...offering "small world" views on bikes, bows, books, movies... ...new books featuring: XC ski
    > > culture, a Gulf Coast thriller folding bicycles ... with radical novels coming up! ...original
    > > downloadable music ... and articles galore! plus national "Off the Beaten Path" travel forums!
    > > HOLY SMOKES!

  8. Jeff Potter

    Jeff Potter Guest

    "Lewdvig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > My 2 cents: If you are fit (i.e. not fat) it is a lot easier to be a stylish rider. Fitness +
    > Style = confidence = form.

    [Oops...I hit some key wrong with that previous post.]

    Anyway, it seems like even fit riders very often look to other riders and imitate them rather than
    realize they have their own personal way of racing/riding that's different from others. Sure it's
    good to try new things, but it does seem like finding one's own style is different from fitness. And
    that when you're "in form" you can execute that style.

    --JP

  9. "Jeff Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Lewdvig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > My 2 cents: If you are fit (i.e. not fat) it is a lot easier to be a
    stylish
    > > rider. Fitness + Style = confidence = form.
    >
    > [Oops...I hit some key wrong with that previous post.]
    >
    > Anyway, it seems like even fit riders very often look to other riders and imitate them rather than
    > realize they have their own personal way of racing/riding that's different from others.

    Please speak for yourself.

  10. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Kurgan Gringioni
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Jeff Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Lewdvig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > My 2 cents: If you are fit (i.e. not fat) it is a lot easier to be a
    > stylish
    > > > rider. Fitness + Style = confidence = form.
    > >
    > > [Oops...I hit some key wrong with that previous post.]
    > >
    > > Anyway, it seems like even fit riders very often look to other riders and imitate them rather
    > > than realize they have their own personal way of racing/riding that's different from others.
    >

    > Please speak for yourself.

    I think that is about all he ever does.

    -WG

  11. Jeff Potter

    Jeff Potter Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

    > "Jeff Potter" <[email protected]> wrote in message [ ]
    > >
    > > Anyway, it seems like even fit riders very often look to other riders and imitate them rather
    > > than realize they have their own personal way of racing/riding that's different from others.
    >
    > Please speak for yourself.

    Great post, stalker!

    --

    Jeff Potter