Fits me?

JC SH

Sep 3, 2011
I am about 5'8", with the inseam length 30".

Does a road bike with 27" tires, 21" frame and 32" standover fit me?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by JC SH .

I am about 5'8", with the inseam length 30".

Does a road bike with 27" tires, 21" frame and 32" standover fit me?

Thanks.

You know how even if jeans have the same measurements they fit differently?

Go try out the bike.

Your measurements are close to mine. You most likely need a 53cm to 54cm road frame (52cm if a cyclocross frame) with 700c wheels. But frame geometry and personal preferences also enter the equation. Agree with prior poster--go and try out several bikes in the above size categories and find one you like.

Road frames haven't been measured in inches for many years now. But a 700c wheel is fairly close in size to a 27" wheel.

Do a standover test. If you don't have at least 1 to 2 inches between you and the top tube when standing flat footed in your regular shoes, it's too tall. You can sometimes get along just fine with a shorter bike depending on frame geometry and personal preference, but too tall is most often a problem.

There is a lot more to fit than standover height, but if it fails that test, you don't have to go any further.

thanks for all the advices.

I am new to this, any suggestion on bike models for newbie? I try not to spend too much on my first road bike in US.
I am thinking to get one from ebay but that wouldn't allow me to try on the bike before purchase :(

Are you comfortable? get a set up and fit at a bike shop, its money well spent.