fitting endbars

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Fm, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. Fm

    Fm Guest

    Hi all

    just wondered if anyone knows what sort of angle (relative to the horizontal) endbars are supposed
    to be set up at? Thanks for any useful info.

    Me

    Tags:

  2. Ivor Cave

    Ivor Cave Guest

    FM wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > just wondered if anyone knows what sort of angle (relative to the horizontal) endbars are supposed
    > to be set up at? Thanks for any useful info.
    >
    > Me

    Start at 45 degrees and carry the key around to make adjustments to them. Can take a few rides to
    get them right.

    Ivor Cave

  3. Steve Peake

    Steve Peake Guest

    On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 02:21:48 +0100, FM wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > just wondered if anyone knows what sort of angle (relative to the horizontal) endbars are supposed
    > to be set up at? Thanks for any useful info.

    Start off by deciding if you really need them. A lot of people fit them to adjust the handlebar
    position , instead of changing the bars/stem. This means they are often fitted at odd angles, eg
    straight up, leading to nasty internal injuries in crashes. Ask why are are you fitting them first.

    Of course if you just want another hand position, then typically they are normally fitted so they
    are basically in line with the stem, and then adjusted so that they fit flat in the palm with the
    fore arm straight.

    Steve

  4. On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 02:21:48 +0100, FM did issue forth:

    > Hi all
    >
    > just wondered if anyone knows what sort of angle (relative to the horizontal) endbars are supposed
    > to be set up at? Thanks for any useful info.

    Personally, I find having them at approximately the same angle as the stem is preferable.

    Just remember, barends pointing straight up are BAD, unless you particularly want to lose some
    internal organs during your next unplanned flight over the bars.

    Huw "Bicycular hari-kiri" Pritchard

  5. Fm

    Fm Guest

    Thanks guys