Fitz, awsome, tragic.

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by jetsan, Oct 30, 2006.

1. jetsan

jetsan New Member

Did my second fitz on the weekend, last year was the 97k this year the 210 epic. great ride although i could hardly get my foot on the clutch when driving home, managed to pull it in 10half hrs. all my training at the pub worked really well.......

On a sad note there was a tragic accident at the end of fitz hill in the classic group, i and shelby my road mate for the day heard the chopper about midday and new something was badly wrong. one rider hit the wall at the end of fitz hill and another ran into him.

all i know so far is a canberra man of 33 died early thesmorning from the accident, my thoughts go out to the family and friends.

Roger

Tags:

2. stu125

stu125 New Member

Hi all
    Ive got to agree with roger great ride. I did the Tharwa Challange 96 klm ride & had a blast. My longest ride up till sunday was about 60klm. I really hit the wall at about the 75klm area but managed with a little help from some mates & the thought of a bbq & beer at the end to get through. next year we are going to try the 158klm so we had better start training now.

I was saddend to hear of the acceident & then to find out it was a work colleges partner. Very sad. My thoughts are with the family.