Five benefits of cycling for women

lisa2009

Mar 3, 2014
Riding has become a healthy life style, at the same time, more and more women like riding. Now, let’s talk about some benefits of riding for women. First, reality. Women who like riding don’t need to make up herself. Nobody will recognize you when you take bike, wear a helmet ,and the glasses, also put on the scarf. Nowadays, most of beautiful girls are from Cosmetic surgeon, such as eye-widening, taking high nose and breast enlargement. Woman who like riding is a real woman. Second, No worry Women who like riding is stronger than those who don’t take bike. Taking bike for a travel, especially long travel, you don’t have to worry about that she will let you help her to take the heavy bag. Because she is able to run away for the ticket. Also, she knows how to overcome the difficult and don’t become a burden. Third, keep young Women are always fear of becoming old. If you have a habit of taking bike, you will look more younger than the same age women who don’t take riding. Fourth, Save money. Some pretty women like shopping, cosmetic surgery, going to movie and drinking coffee. However, women who take riding often just wear sports clothes, and no need to making up themselves. When they go back to home, they will do housework or just watch TV, which will save so much money for her husband. Fifth, Increase intimacy Women who take biking alway appreciate their husbands give them so much free time that they can do what they want to do. When you go outside, your husband becomes one of your friends, and you will have a joyful time, at the same time, the relationship between you and your husband will become more and more intimate

I think women (and anyone) can gain a lot from cycling. It helps promote a healthy lifestyle and I know female bikers who really have benefited from it.

Bicycling for females have a lot of benefits. it helps them to have a toned body and also enjoy your exercise while you're doing it. Most of the exercise are not that fun but this one really helps you to explore the nature as well as have a good time.

I see cycling to be very much like swimming. It's a complete body workout. You get to develop your muscle strength and it's even better than swimming because you get to develop your reflexes, especially when you are doing your biking in a regular road with other vehicles. You know what? I even started learning how to drive a car by biking first. Why? Because biking taught me to really be careful whenever I would turn or whenever I would enter a road. I was more careful in doing those things when biking because my body is totally exposed! And so, when I applied the same techniques in driving, my driving instructor was saying that I am very disciplined driver.

Anyway, aside from that, I think cycling is really a complete body workout and it's not boring because you get to travel to another place while you do your workout. It's certainly much better than staying in the gym all day long.

Cycling is a physical activity that can be enjoyed by people of all ages, from young children to older adults. It is one of the best ways to reduce risk of health problems associated with a sedentary lifestyle. Regular cycling can help you lose weight, reduce stress and improve your overall fitness, it also gives your heart, lungs, blood vessels, and nerves a good workout. Cycling is a fun and time-efficient activity when you combine regular exercise with your daily routine. Compared to other modes of transport, cycling does not pollute the atmosphere which is certainly good for the environment.

Bicycle Cranks

lisa2009 said:
Riding has become a healthy life style, at the same time, more and more women like riding. Now, let’s talk about some benefits of riding for women. First, reality. Women who like riding don’t need to make up herself. Nobody will recognize you when you take bike, wear a helmet ,and the glasses, also put on the scarf. Nowadays, most of beautiful girls are from Cosmetic surgeon, such as eye-widening, taking high nose and breast enlargement. Woman who like riding is a real woman. Second, No worry Women who like riding is stronger than those who don’t take bike. Taking bike for a travel, especially long travel, you don’t have to worry about that she will let you help her to take the heavy bag. Because she is able to run away for the ticket. Also, she knows how to overcome the difficult and don’t become a burden. Third, keep young Women are always fear of becoming old. If you have a habit of taking bike, you will look more younger than the same age women who don’t take riding. Fourth, Save money. Some pretty women like shopping, cosmetic surgery, going to movie and drinking coffee. However, women who take riding often just wear sports clothes, and no need to making up themselves. When they go back to home, they will do housework or just watch TV, which will save so much money for her husband. Fifth, Increase intimacy Women who take biking alway appreciate their husbands give them so much free time that they can do what they want to do. When you go outside, your husband becomes one of your friends, and you will have a joyful time, at the same time, the relationship between you and your husband will become more and more intimate
I had never thought of some of this, but I have to tell you, my wife will insist on wearing makeup while she's riding anyways! LOL! Even if her face is covered up! Yes, it's true, about them being stronger, but that's true with any aerobic exercise. Still, good points, thanks!

Cycling has quite a lot of benefits. It is one of the best thing about living a good life. I do believe that it is best to try and learn a lot about cycling to have a good life.

Good to know about those benefits, thanks for sharing this information. :D

To be honest, I never really regarded female cycling as being any different to male cycling. I have always enjoyed riding my various bikes since I was a kid. Putting on make-up or thinking about any special benefits for my female physique while riding, doesn't really cross my mind when I'm out there on a wilderness tour with my friends. All I think about is my surroundings, and how good it feels to be able to move around freely in nature with the wind in my hair. :) And, not to forget, the great company of my friends.

Reactions: Connie858
Cycling is good for both men and women. It is definitely good for the body and often recommended for arthritis prevention and keeping joints moving if you already have arthritis. Cycling gets the blood really flowing in the joints without any impact, so that helps strengthen cartillage.

General fitness is always good, and cycling is a great way to get fit.

One thing to note though, cycling probably won't help much with maintaining bone density in the spine. For that you need to do weight bearing exercises such as handstands, if you are able, or lifting weights above your head.

Cycling can have so many benefits for women. It is good for you physically and psychologically and emotionally and even though I am only a newbie, I would highly recommend it to any woman.

Cycling is actually excellent for women to burn calories. If a woman weighing hundred and thirty five pounds cycles of roughly 14 miles in an hour she can burn 488 calories.

Cycling is actually excellent for women to burn calories. If a woman weighing hundred and thirty five pounds cycles of roughly 14 miles in an hour she can burn 488 calories.

May102014 said:
Exercising outside exposes you to day light. This helps your circadian rhythm in sync. It also rids cortisol in our body,
this is a stress hormone that prevents us from regenerative sleep.
Cortisol is a natural steroid without which the human body can not live. It does many things in the body including one seriously vital role of balancing potassium and sodium in the blood stream. If there was not this balance, cells would have too much or too little water in them, which would kill the cells, cells such as red or white blood cells which would explode from having too much water in them. It also aids with the digestion of food, allows muscles to generate and prevents muscle degeneration amongst many other vital things. There is a condition where the body does not produce enough or any of it at all called Addison's Disease. It is a fatal disease if not diagnosed in time. I know because I sadly have it. Exercise does not rid the body of cortisol. In fact it does the exact opposite. At the onset of exercise, the adrenal gland increases the amount of cortisol in the body to ensure sufficient glucose concentration in the blood to make more energy readily available to the muscles and it remains elevated throughout exercise.

http://running.competitor.com/2014/07/training/what-is-cortisol-and-should-you-be-worried-about-it_39176

Without cortisol in your blood you would not be able to exercise. The natural bodily rhythm is that the body decreases the levels of cortisol in the body at night, hence one of the reasons night shifts are so much harder physically on the body.

wahmed said:
I'm guessing the same is true for every one, not just women, but the figures may vary slightly!

I think all five points are good. For the first point I feel that even though you can get a little sweaty and dirty as a lady you still want to make yourself up even if you’re a strong woman. I do agree with the second point also women who exercise are stronger than those who don't and women who cycle are in my opinion more independent just by the choice to cycle. The third point I had never heard " It keeps you young" this is good to know although it makes sense just because if your cycling correctly you stay hydrated and the sweat might be getting rid of some bad stuff through your pores. Points four and five, save money, well I still shop especially for my man. I like to look good in those clothes in my fit body, Lol. Intimacy is an awesome point to make, spending more quality time is intimate and it makes going all the way even better. So yes, I agree with your points and have learned a few new things too. Cycling has many benefits and these five are great to point out. Thanks for the post.

Cycling has many benefits for women. It could help you physically and emotionally! In a physical way, it helps to get some exercise without running or doing anything major. Emotionally, if you go cycling in the morning, it"ll make you feel relaxed. It can also make you not feel bored.

DancingLady said:
Cycling is good for both men and women. It is definitely good for the body and often recommended for arthritis prevention and keeping joints moving if you already have arthritis. Cycling gets the blood really flowing in the joints without any impact, so that helps strengthen cartillage.

General fitness is always good, and cycling is a great way to get fit.

One thing to note though, cycling probably won't help much with maintaining bone density in the spine. For that you need to do weight bearing exercises such as handstands, if you are able, or lifting weights above your head.
Pardon me but our family doctor said that excessive cycling is bad for the joints especially if you have arthritis. Fatigue can give pain in the arthritic areas like elbow and knees. But I agree in the flow of blood that it gives us energy. My husband who is not a biker always say that I should take care of my waist for my belly seem to be bulging whenever I would use the bike.

Biking is an aerobic exercise and it improves the general fitness of a woman. I think it improves their mood and keeps them cheerful. It strengthens their bones and muscles and helps them with mood swings and unexplained depression.

Reactions: niightwind
Thanks OP (and everyone else in this thread who has added to it!) for talking about specific benefits. A lot of these are things I haven't thought of before, and it is always nice to hear some more benefits to something you already do regularly and enjoy!

Bonzer, I agree with you on the mood benefits. Even if I'm feeling mopey before a bike ride, I feel much happier and stable than I did beforehand. I suffer from bipolar depression and aerobic exercise in general has a big impact. For anyone with any sort of depression, male or female, biking and other aerobic exercise are a nature's best antidepressant!