fixated with track stands?

"graeme chambers@gmail" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> if i could only do this at traffic lights....
>
> http://www.hk-icycling.net/eng/photo.html
>

> Graeme

You and three friends. You'd be there for a few light cycles, but I suspect
that most people would be too gobsmacked to even lean on the horn. I notice
that they seem to spend pretty much the whole time going backwards...easier?
I wonder what their front tyre to rear tyre wear ratio's like :)

graeme chambers@gmail wrote:
> if i could only do this at traffic lights....
>
> http://www.hk-icycling.net/eng/photo.html

You may be interested to know that John Nicholson (pres of Blackburn
CC, and sometimes discussed person here!) holds some sort of
record for the longest trackstand - he was a world sprint champion
and I think it was in a final, where they stood still for about
30 minutes or so *during* a race.

I think the rules were changed after that, but I don't really
know the details. Maybe Shabby or Piledlower can fill in the
story, being better versed in track lore?

Imagine how a 30 minute trackstand would freeze your muscles up!
Insane!

Bleve wrote:
> graeme chambers@gmail wrote:
>
>>if i could only do this at traffic lights....
>>
>>http://www.hk-icycling.net/eng/photo.html

> You may be interested to know that John Nicholson (pres of Blackburn
> CC, and sometimes discussed person here!) holds some sort of
> record for the longest trackstand - he was a world sprint champion
> and I think it was in a final, where they stood still for about
> 30 minutes or so *during* a race.
>
> I think the rules were changed after that, but I don't really
> know the details. Maybe Shabby or Piledlower can fill in the
> story, being better versed in track lore?
>
> Imagine how a 30 minute trackstand would freeze your muscles up!
> Insane!

Yeah I have seen how hard it can be to move johno. Gravity wouldnt
have a chance.