fixed rider introduction!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by bruno, Feb 25, 2006.

  1. bruno

    bruno Guest

    first post here!
    howdy!
    i live in the boston area and 3 days a week in nyc. i ride street fixed
    (commutin' and for fun i avg. around 100 miles a week when the
    weather's good). just ordered an indy fab crown jewel (steel) set up as
    fixed about which i'm so excited i can hardly stand it! currently
    ridin' an iro jamie roy. love ridin' fixed and bikes in general. thanks!

    Tags:

  2. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "bruno" <[email protected]> writes:
    > first post here!
    > howdy!

    Welcome aboard.

    > i live in the boston area and 3 days a week in nyc. i ride street fixed
    > (commutin' and for fun i avg. around 100 miles a week when the
    > weather's good). just ordered an indy fab crown jewel (steel) set up as
    > fixed about which i'm so excited i can hardly stand it! currently
    > ridin' an iro jamie roy. love ridin' fixed and bikes in general. thanks!

    I'm riding fixed too. I've had to fix my bike innumerable times :)

    cheers,
    Tom

    --
    -- Nothing is safe from me.
    Above address is just a spam midden.

  3. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    [email protected] (Tom Keats) wrote:

    >I'm riding fixed too.

    Ouch - how long after the operation was it before you could sit on the
    saddle again?

    Mark Hickey
    Habanero Cycles
    http://www.habcycles.com
    Home of the $795 ti frame

  4. Paul Hobson

    Paul Hobson Guest

    bruno wrote:
    > first post here!
    > howdy!

    welcome.

    > i live in the boston area and 3 days a week in nyc. i ride street fixed
    > (commutin' and for fun i avg. around 100 miles a week when the
    > weather's good). just ordered an indy fab crown jewel (steel) set up as
    > fixed about which i'm so excited i can hardly stand it! currently
    > ridin' an iro jamie roy. love ridin' fixed and bikes in general. thanks!

    I've got two in my fleet. An old Peugeot beater with about ---->||<----
    that much life left in the frame and a '87 Bianchi Premio.
    http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gtg611a/pics/bianchi.jpg

    \\paul
    --
    Paul M. Hobson
    Georgia Institute of Technology

  5. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Mark Hickey <[email protected]> writes:
    > [email protected] (Tom Keats) wrote:
    >
    >>I'm riding fixed too.

    > Ouch - how long after the operation was it before you could sit on the
    > saddle again?

    The last operation was replacing the handlebar & stem.
    I was fortunate in having a junk frame lying around
    with just the right stem on it, c/w a hole for the
    front canti brake cable and a nice, beefy clamp.

    I also finally got around to amutating the vestigal
    computer wiring harness.

    cheers,
    Tom

    --
    -- Nothing is safe from me.
    Above address is just a spam midden.

  6. Buck

    Buck Guest

    Mark Hickey wrote:
    > [email protected] (Tom Keats) wrote:
    >
    > >I'm riding fixed too.

    > Ouch - how long after the operation was it before you could sit on the
    > saddle again?

    I always thought the term "fixed" was flawed. When it was time to
    neuter the dog, we took him in to have him "broken."

    -Buck