Fixie frame found, Fuji Questions, and WTB fixie cranks, wheels, bb, seat,& rear rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric St. Mary

Aug 5, 2003
I would like to thank all who offered advice and their bikes for my fixie project. I picked up a mid 80's Fuji Del Ray frame set on Ebay for $33. I has nice long horizontal dropouts, valite tubing (which I believe is triple butted), every braze on imaginable, is already 130mm spaced, and is kind of ugly, which is good in my book for a commuter bike.

What size seat post does this frame take? Is the BB threading English?

I think I'm going to be able to get a 105 front brake (will this work with 700C wheels?) and a cheap set of handle bars from the seller.

What I still need is a seat post (if it is not a 27.2), a set of 165mm cranks with good chain rings(unless they are dirt cheap then I can by a new chain ring), a BB to go with the cranks (something good quality here, I like nice bearings), a seat of some sort(preferably with bag loops), and a clincher wheel set made for freewheels(I like quality. I'll have to respace it anyways but, I need enough axle to make it fit 130mm).

I'll be willing to pay a bit for nice wheels and a good BB. But the cranks, seat post, and seat(unless it has bag loops) I want to be cheap; as I only paid $33 for the frame.

Also if anyone has a rear rack they don't need; let me know what it is and what you want for it.

Eric St. Mary

Eric St. Mary wrote:

> I would like to thank all who offered advice and their bikes for my fixie project. I picked up a
> mid 80's Fuji Del Ray frame set on Ebay for $33. I has nice long horizontal dropouts, valite
> tubing (which I believe is triple butted), every braze on imaginable, is already 130mm spaced, and
> is kind of ugly, which is good in my book for a commuter bike.
>
> What size seat post does this frame take?
I've got 3 mid-80's Fujis. I do not know why. 2 have 26.3 seatposts and the other has something a
bit smaller with a soda pop can used as a shim. I'll bet yours needs a 26.3.

Is the BB threading English? Yes.
>
> I think I'm going to be able to get a 105 front brake (will this work with 700C wheels?)
I'd bet current generation 105 brakes wouldn't reach. I might lose that bet, though. Do current
generation shimano calipers have long enough bolts to reach through the fork? The old fork wasn't
built for the recessed allen nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.