Fixie frame found, Fuji Questions, and WTB fixie cranks, wheels, bb, seat,& rear rack

Eric St. Mary

New Member
Aug 5, 2003
I would like to thank all who offered advice and their bikes for my fixie project. I picked up a mid 80's Fuji Del Ray frame set on Ebay for $33. I has nice long horizontal dropouts, valite tubing (which I believe is triple butted), every braze on imaginable, is already 130mm spaced, and is kind of ugly, which is good in my book for a commuter bike.

What size seat post does this frame take? Is the BB threading English?

I think I'm going to be able to get a 105 front brake (will this work with 700C wheels?) and a cheap set of handle bars from the seller.

What I still need is a seat post (if it is not a 27.2), a set of 165mm cranks with good chain rings(unless they are dirt cheap then I can by a new chain ring), a BB to go with the cranks (something good quality here, I like nice bearings), a seat of some sort(preferably with bag loops), and a clincher wheel set made for freewheels(I like quality. I'll have to respace it anyways but, I need enough axle to make it fit 130mm).

I'll be willing to pay a bit for nice wheels and a good BB. But the cranks, seat post, and seat(unless it has bag loops) I want to be cheap; as I only paid $33 for the frame.

Also if anyone has a rear rack they don't need; let me know what it is and what you want for it.

Eric St. Mary

Eric St. Mary wrote:

> I would like to thank all who offered advice and their bikes for my fixie project. I picked up a
> mid 80's Fuji Del Ray frame set on Ebay for $33. I has nice long horizontal dropouts, valite
> tubing (which I believe is triple butted), every braze on imaginable, is already 130mm spaced, and
> is kind of ugly, which is good in my book for a commuter bike.
>
> What size seat post does this frame take?
I've got 3 mid-80's Fujis. I do not know why. 2 have 26.3 seatposts and the other has something a
bit smaller with a soda pop can used as a shim. I'll bet yours needs a 26.3.

Is the BB threading English? Yes.

> I think I'm going to be able to get a 105 front brake (will this work with 700C wheels?)
I'd bet current generation 105 brakes wouldn't reach. I might lose that bet, though. Do current
generation shimano calipers have long enough bolts to reach through the fork? The old fork wasn't
built for the recessed allen nuts.