Fixie frame on ebay

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by suzyj, Aug 4, 2005.

  1. suzyj

    suzyj New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2004

  2. NoZX6R

    NoZX6R Guest

    suzyj wrote:
    > Here's one that's guaranteed to get double takes when parked at the
    > local cafe:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/abuvg
    >
    > Hey, it's plastic. But it's plastic with cred!
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Suzy

    Bit pricey for a street ride :)

    Have you seen the couple of bikes on fixedgeargallery this week with the
    funky looking curvy chainstays? That's cool :)

    --
    Nick

  3. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    suzyj wrote:
    > Here's one that's guaranteed to get double takes when parked at the
    > local cafe:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/abuvg
    >
    > Hey, it's plastic. But it's plastic with cred!
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Suzy

    I'm tipping we'll see GPLama on it for the next Hawthorn CC time trial.

    DaveB

  4. GPLama

    GPLama Guest

    "DaveB" wrote in message ...

    > I'm tipping we'll see GPLama on it for the next Hawthorn CC time trial.

    corrrr.. looks nice.. pity about that price tag....

    cheers,
    GPL

  5. till!

    till! New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2004
    Well, there might be another fixie frame on ebay soon ... but the real thing, made from Reynolds 853 =)

    Keep your fingers cross that it fits me, so I dont have to ebay it!

    till

    ps: anyone wanna guess what those new manitou arse-heaven forks are gonna cost?

  6. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    hey, while your drooling over the B(luddy)T(hing), talk to a few guys who have paid way to much to get one and found they are a shyte ride....sure they have some results...but the guys riding them would get results on anything decent, doesnt have to be a plastic toy... I have three close friends who have bought this bike...all for track...all thought they were gonna burn the bastards on them...only to find they didnt...they couldnt and they never would...(on this anyway) all three are elite riders at their levels (State Nats, and Worlds)...

    they hate their BTs and all are getting new standard frames made, one al, one steel and one carbon, but of dimensions and geometry to suit...

    problem with this little toy, they are basically too small, cant be modified very much to suit riders, especially bigger riders...and arnt much chop in a long race...they have an advantage in the last 200 if you still have the fuel to sprint after struggling in the race to that point.....and that can be just enough in some races, as long as you are in the right position, but if you got the fuel and you got the legs , you'll waltz past one of these if the other rider and you are reasonably equal on the night, cos he'll be stuffed by that point of the race trying to control the tiny beast.....

    again those guys who have been winning on them stood a fair chance to win on a standard geometry bike...and many races take place where this particular brand are thumped...

    I once thought they were pretty cool...sorry don't think that any more....