Fixie with no brakes-favorite stopping methods

rEEzytheKiD

Jan 19, 2016
I love riding fixie. Part of the controversy surrounding riding this way is if you should still rock a brake (which I do) in order to stop safely and more accurately. Besides braking, I love to skid. It's just a lot of fun and took some practicing to get down. There are a few different ways so I wanna know what your favorite is. If you couldn't tell by now I love braking and skidding.

I love riding fixie. Part of the controversy surrounding riding this way is if you should still rock a brake (which I do) in order to stop safely and more accurately. Besides braking, I love to skid. It's just a lot of fun and took some practicing to get down. There are a few different ways so I wanna know what your favorite is. If you couldn't tell by now I love braking and skidding.

I think my fav is slamming into the side of a sedan.
On a lark there, but I never got the whole fixie no break thing, especially on busy streets.
Premium rush was a good movie, but just a movie not real life.

PSA out of the way, I always had fun foot-jamming my front wheel and seeing if I can keep the back off the ground and not go OTB for as long as possible.

Reactions: Bicycleman