FIXIE's are becoming a selling tool

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Rhino-x, Dec 6, 2005.

  1. Rhino-x

    Rhino-x New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2005

  2. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    Rhino-X, you are plagiarising my posts!!! hehehe :p :D :p (see puma gets fixed)

  3. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
  4. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    I imagined a bunch of baby boomer advertising department doods sitting around a story board, working out how to get the youf of today to buy more product. Or maybe they are one-upping the Lance Nike ads??????

  5. Rhino-x

    Rhino-x New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2005
    Woops....sorry to double up....will now search for the nike ads...

  6. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    "werd up. keepin_it_real_4_v_kids" :rolleyes:

    "that's like, random dude"

    i think lessons from my 11yr old are paying off :D

  7. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    talking of fixies Dutchman...............talking of racing in circles..... you know you want to FD (in the words of one Hipstar) ;) :D :D ;)

    I had a go last night - and if I can do it, anyone can! Very random dood :D

  8. Rhino-x

    Rhino-x New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2005
  9. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700

    yeah, yeah. It's on 'the list' :D

    my racing program is:
    sneak a Dgrade win at Kew before Feb
    Feb-go to Europe. After being rejected by pro teams go sulk in my blond-beer in Amstedam:D
    Return
    Get Shoulder reco redone. grrrrrr
    Physio.windtrainer
    Back on road by May.
    Enter EVERYTHING.
    Retire

  10. Rhino-x

    Rhino-x New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2005
  11. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009
    hmmm retire.. I am now also an expert on that after last night hehee :D

    Now Mr FD, we will keep you to this agenda and remind you of it regularly! :D

  12. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    that is seriously idiotic!

    ASFAIK most messengers couldnt/wouldnt afford a SUV piece-o-sheet and most SUV potential buyers dont wanna be like couriers. they just want them outta the way :rolleyes:

    After many years in advertsising I'll bet my teeth no 'creatives' were involved in that. It was all the 'suits*'.
    This species are mostly as dumb as the eediots you see on 'The Apprentice'.

    *who werent named after large, mean 'horny' animals :D

  13. warrwych

    warrwych New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2004
    Messages:
    1,009

    and included in the ad is a photo of a messenger about to be mowed down by said Lincoln!!! Yeeha! So that's the connection btn bike messengers & SUVs - you can use your brand new Lincoln Aviator to play Pacman with bike messengers!

  14. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    The "Squid" on the Adrants page who is going to sue the car advertiser for using his name wouldn't be the "Squid" who has sold himself to Puma, eh?

    And I'm not too sure how he would go suing the car advertiser anyway. I couldn't sue if some advertiser said that some cyclists in Perth have names like 'Steve', could I?

    If you wanted couriers to endorse anything, what products would you choose?

    Um...

    Um...

    Um...bike stuff

    And um....clothing for the yoof market..

    And some music...

    And the drinking of beer (not a particular brand, just the general concept of drinking it)

    Steve(hey, let's get some vegetarians into this advert for a steak-house)A

  15. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    Would have to be cigarettes or a tattoo parlour in Melb.......

  16. byron27

    byron27 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    waterproof pens
    waterproof socks
    king size cherry ripes
    the new industrial relations bill! :p

  17. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    Or a place that does piercings.

    SteveA

  18. Kim Hawtin

    Kim Hawtin Guest

    SteveA wrote:
    > Rhino-x Wrote:
    > > Even cars manufactures are jumping on the 'Messenger' bandwagon....this
    > > from the USA.

    > The "Squid" on the Adrants page who is going to sue the car advertiser
    > for using his name wouldn't be the "Squid" who has sold himself to
    > Puma, eh?

    angle would be prolly be defamation of character
    also i believe they have a privacy angle too thats not available in AU

    > And I'm not too sure how he would go suing the car advertiser anyway.
    > I couldn't sue if some advertiser said that some cyclists in Perth have
    > names like 'Steve', could I?

    only if it does you have in the public eye.
    if you could prove it you'd be set ;)

    > If you wanted couriers to endorse anything, what products would you
    > choose?
    >
    > Um...
    >
    > Um...
    >
    > Um...bike stuff

    and sholder bags

    > And um....clothing for the yoof market..

    shoes, don't forget the shoes

    > And some music...

    lotsa muzak

    > And the drinking of beer (not a particular brand, just the general
    > concept of drinking it)

    hmmm beer

    > Steve(hey, let's get some vegetarians into this advert for a
    > steak-house)A

    maybe games...

    kim
    ~

  19. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
  20. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > warrwych Wrote:
    >> talking of fixies Dutchman...............talking of racing in
    >> circles..... you know you want to FD (in the words of one Hipstar) ;)
    >> :D :D ;)
    >>
    >> I had a go last night - and if I can do it, anyone can! Very random
    >> dood :D

    > yeah, yeah. It's on 'the list' :D
    >
    > my racing program is:
    > sneak a Dgrade win at Kew before Feb
    > Feb-go to Europe. After being rejected by pro teams go sulk in my
    > blond-beer in Amstedam:D
    > Return
    > Get Shoulder reco redone. grrrrrr
    > Physio.windtrainer
    > Back on road by May.
    > Enter EVERYTHING.
    > Retire

    Publish tell all exposé of the debaucherous carnival that is pro cycling
    Have name salaciously linked with at least one celebrity
    Make the leap into politics with a platform that revolves around creating
    disincentives for use of motorised vehicles in metro areas.
    Disappear mysteriously for two weeks.
    Re-emerge with a glazed expression and a lease plan on a Prado
    Drink excessive amounts of Goat one Friday
    Undergo epiphany
    Renounce Prado lease
    Enter Paris-Brest-Paris
    ?