Fixies are really going to passe soon!

cfsmtb wrote:
> PiledHigher Wrote:
>> http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/newsitem.php?id=24245

> I hereby predict early 1980's MTB's to be the next **Big Thing**.
>
> Forget about 42:12, hip 'n grovvy is now 48:38:28.
>
> With a Adamas gruppo mix. :D

So when will the orange and purple monsters become hip? Still got yours
just in case Tim?

DaveB

DaveB wrote:

> So when will the orange and purple monsters become hip? Still got yours
> just in case Tim?
>
> DaveB

was riding behind someone on one of those things last weekend on the
1:20 (going downhill).
she was scooting along at around 50kph on that beast, and is certainly
a lot braver than me in doing so:)

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:07:52 +1000, cfsmtb wrote:

> Forget about 42:12, hip 'n grovvy is now 48:38:28.

Hmm. Got one of those, with Suntour written on it. No, you can't have it.

Dave - who may end up putting it on the retro-ish singlespeed.

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
"Sanity is like money; you should just have enough to get by. Any more

On 2006-08-10, dej (aka Bruce)

> DaveB wrote:
>
>> So when will the orange and purple monsters become hip? Still got yours
>> just in case Tim?

Yup. Don't know about bothering to take it North though. Depends how
much spare room in the truck.

> was riding behind someone on one of those things last weekend on the
> 1:20 (going downhill).
> she was scooting along at around 50kph on that beast, and is certainly
> a lot braver than me in doing so:)

I hit about 75km/h down the warrandyte hill on my first BR. For quite
a while, I was faster that time than I was once I got the roady.
There is one benefit to a heavy extremely non-twitchy bike :)

--
TimC
We are no longer the knights who say "ni"

On 2006-08-10, Marx SS <[email protected]> wrote:

> coaster brakes !

Coaster brake are so last year, bring back 1 inch chains and seats so
high you need pegs frame to step up on.