Fizik Antares Discomfort

chevmaro

Apr 2, 2014
I have a Giant Defy. I have been riding on a Selle Italia Flite Titanium 1990. It's a great saddle but has some rough miles and is looking worn out. So I picked up a Fizik Antares which appeared to me to have similar dimensions and curve. After riding the new saddle it is far less comfortable then the old saddle. Just wondering if they take time to break in or if I should just put on my old worn out looking saddle. Thanks.

The Antares really doesn't break in. I demo'ed it, thought it was too short, and I didn't like the absence of side skirts. Why not just look around for another Flite 1990?

After busting my butt with chafing on Ride the Rockies last summer, on a Fizik Arione that I thought I loved, I bought a Flite 1990. Which made me ask, why did it take me 22 years to find this saddle (it really debuted in 1991)? Long, firmly padded, gently contoured, nicely rolled side skirts, and a genuine leather cover that's more durable than synthetic--what's not to like?

I know right. The 1990 is really a great seat. It's not stylish but it gets the job done. I am putting the old seat back on the bike for now. I will be buying a new Flite 1990. I thought they didn't make them anymore but I searched online and found some available.

Chainreactioncycles.com has them in stock and also has free shipping on all orders today, FYI.