fizik arione position

MattAussie66

Oct 12, 2004
Hi All -
I have a brand new Arione to go in place of a XO. :rolleyes:
The Arione is a heap longer, a little flatter (maybe?) and maybe a longer nose?
relative to a bog standard seat like a Selle XO.

so,
how does one position an Arione relative to the old seat position?

I have heard something like the nose of the arione should be 1cm further forward than the nose of a standard seat - is that a good place to start?

thanks
Maaaaaaaaatt

As far as how far back, I cannot say, you just make sure that your sit bones are on the widest part of the saddle.

I have ridden this saddle for over two year now, so setting up to another does not work for me. What I have found though and after some googling, found other to do the same, is when you set the saddle, you do not set if level. I have my set 1.0-1.5 degress nose down. The design of this saddle allows the middle to flex a good bit which if you set it up completely level nose to back would set the nose high when weight bearing. Once I started doing that and got it forward to where I was sitting on my sitbones, the saddle felt much better.

I realise that this is an old thread, but I also would appreciate any info/suggestions on setting up an Arione relative to "standard" saddles. At least starting points. Sure, it's longer, but ??? What are people doing?

Thanks.

B

bing181 said:
I realise that this is an old thread, but I also would appreciate any info/suggestions on setting up an Arione relative to "standard" saddles. At least starting points. Sure, it's longer, but ??? What are people doing?

Thanks.

B
I have found that setting the seat on the flat nose part down 1.5 degrees, works best, the saddle is made to flex in the middle. As far as setback, the widest part of the saddle should be under your sitbones which will make you think that you are setting foward too far. This is what works for me. I have tried to ride the saddle level and always got numbness.

HUMP