Fizik Arione problem

Frinton

Jul 2, 2005
I just bought this saddle the other day, and the saddle seems to be cutting into the area below my ass cheeks on my downstroke. It actually has left marks. Sorry for being stupid, but what is the solution to this problem? The area that is rubbing is the wing area. Thanks in advance. Any help on the setup of this saddle? I have read a bunch of threads and came up with differing opinions.
The saddle is comfortable otherwise, I am thinking this is just and adjustment. It feels like a razor cutting in.:confused:

Frinton said:
I just bought this saddle the other day, and the saddle seems to be cutting into the area below my ass cheeks on my downstroke. It actually has left marks. Sorry for being stupid, but what is the solution to this problem? The area that is rubbing is the wing area. Thanks in advance. Any help on the setup of this saddle? I have read a bunch of threads and came up with differing opinions.
The saddle is comfortable otherwise, I am thinking this is just and adjustment. It feels like a razor cutting in.:confused:

It could be just the wrong saddle for you as rear ends vary in shape but try tilting it down just a bit and see what happens.
The perfect saddle chase is an ongoing thing. I have an Arione and it the second best saddle I have tried.
If this is to no avail ......you may need another saddle,but give it a try ,just a bit tilted forward from level. Good luck as comfort is key in riding distance.

I hope you are right, or it is $140 down the drain. I moved the seat back and tilted the nose slightly down. How do you set your up?

jhuskey said:
It could be just the wrong saddle for you as rear ends vary in shape but try tilting it down just a bit and see what happens.
The perfect saddle chase is an ongoing thing. I have an Arione and it the second best saddle I have tried.
If this is to no avail ......you may need another saddle,but give it a try ,just a bit tilted forward from level. Good luck as comfort is key in riding distance.

Frinton said:
I hope you are right, or it is $140 down the drain. I moved the seat back and tilted the nose slightly down. How do you set your up?

I am not sure I understand the question and I don't think you should need to set the seat back.
I rode the Arione for a few thousand mile, but I have found the Terry Zero better for me.
To add it could be bad shorts you are using with creases in the seam or something else but if you tilted the seat the next notch forward from level then try this for 20 miles or so and see how it feels.
There are a lot of factors and variables and don't let anyone tell you different.
It is a sad fact that it takes a while to find yourself in cycling comfort, but try the tilt and see what happens. It's free so give it a try.
The Arione has a lot of freedom in position movement while riding and is a good saddle but doesn't fit everyone and sometimes you need the break yourself into the saddle.
I hope this helps.