Fizik Saddles

Deest

New Member
Jul 16, 2005
Hey everyone need a little advice (again).

Currently riding on a Fizik Arione. I love the geometry and the choice of riding positions but this saddle is just a little too hard for my delicate behind. Someone suggested I try a Fizik Vitesse as it is a similar geometry but with a little more saddle. To quote the LBS "You can ride on it all day"

Before the Arione I had a Selle Italia Ladies saddle (I'm a guy btw but I think my backside is wider than average). This saddle was quite comfortable and I even did ATB with it in just over 7 hours but the wide nose would cause oinching and it was a little short. The Arione is good in that is too has a wide back part but a narrower and longer nose. But if it only was a little softer.....

Any thoughts on the Vitesse or general comments?

Cheers

Deest

"Deest" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...

> Hey everyone need a little advice (again).
>
> Currently riding on a Fizik Arione. I love the geometry and the choice
> of riding positions but this saddle is just a little too hard for my
> delicate behind. Someone suggested I try a Fizik Vitesse as it is a
> similar geometry but with a little more saddle. To quote the LBS "You
> can ride on it all day"
>
> Before the Arione I had a Selle Italia Ladies saddle (I'm a guy btw
> but I think my backside is wider than average). This saddle was quite
> comfortable and I even did ATB with it in just over 7 hours but the
> wide nose would cause oinching and it was a little short. The Arione is
> good in that is too has a wide back part but a narrower and longer nose.
> But if it only was a little softer.....
>
> Any thoughts on the Vitesse or general comments?

The vitesse comes in three different softness, I prefer the hard one. I
have a 'woman's bottom' (/blackadder mode) but I have lent my bike to a few
guys for a spin around the block and nearly all of them have come back
wanting to know what saddle it is, because the found it comfortable. Of
course, when they went to the LBS they were told it's a 'woman's saddle' and
so they then didn't buy one!! I do note that the Fizik webside calls them
'unisex' now, probably a good marketing tool!
Great saddle, nice and lightweight (if you get the Ti rails). I have a spare
one you can borrow if you wish to try it out, post cost both ways at your
expense though! (it's one that's been thru my garage roof!)

Gemma_k said:
"Deest" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...

> Hey everyone need a little advice (again).
>
> Currently riding on a Fizik Arione. I love the geometry and the choice
> of riding positions but this saddle is just a little too hard for my
> delicate behind. Someone suggested I try a Fizik Vitesse as it is a
> similar geometry but with a little more saddle. To quote the LBS "You
> can ride on it all day"
>
> Before the Arione I had a Selle Italia Ladies saddle (I'm a guy btw
> but I think my backside is wider than average). This saddle was quite
> comfortable and I even did ATB with it in just over 7 hours but the
> wide nose would cause oinching and it was a little short. The Arione is
> good in that is too has a wide back part but a narrower and longer nose.
> But if it only was a little softer.....
>
> Any thoughts on the Vitesse or general comments?

The vitesse comes in three different softness, I prefer the hard one. I
have a 'woman's bottom' (/blackadder mode) but I have lent my bike to a few
guys for a spin around the block and nearly all of them have come back
wanting to know what saddle it is, because the found it comfortable. Of
course, when they went to the LBS they were told it's a 'woman's saddle' and
so they then didn't buy one!! I do note that the Fizik webside calls them
'unisex' now, probably a good marketing tool!
Great saddle, nice and lightweight (if you get the Ti rails). I have a spare
one you can borrow if you wish to try it out, post cost both ways at your
expense though! (it's one that's been thru my garage roof!)

Thanks Gemma, I'll see if the LBS will let me try one out. If not I might take you up on your offer. You're not in Melbourne by any chance are you?

errr.. what do you mean it's been through your garage roof?

Deest said:
Thanks Gemma, I'll see if the LBS will let me try one out. If not I might take you up on your offer. You're not in Melbourne by any chance are you?

errr.. what do you mean it's been through your garage roof?

how much do you want for the Arione? :D

and yes, how does one put a saddle thru a garage roof?
Im thinkin the good ol' car on the roof-rack trick, no?

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Deest Wrote:
>> Thanks Gemma, I'll see if the LBS will let me try one out. If not I
>> might take you up on your offer. You're not in Melbourne by any chance
>> are you?
>>
>> errr.. what do you mean it's been through your garage roof?

> how much do you want for the Arione? :D
>
> and yes, how does one put a saddle thru a garage roof?
> Im thinkin the good ol' car on the roof-rack trick, no?

I'm in Adelaide. And yes, the nose of it got 'punched' through the fibro
above the roller door....
No I wasn't driving, nor was I in the car. it was a horrifing thing to
watch oyur own bike go through that experience through no fault of your
own......

Gemma_k said:
"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Deest Wrote:
>> Thanks Gemma, I'll see if the LBS will let me try one out. If not I
>> might take you up on your offer. You're not in Melbourne by any chance
>> are you?
>>
>> errr.. what do you mean it's been through your garage roof?

> how much do you want for the Arione? :D
>
> and yes, how does one put a saddle thru a garage roof?
> Im thinkin the good ol' car on the roof-rack trick, no?

I'm in Adelaide. And yes, the nose of it got 'punched' through the fibro
above the roller door....
No I wasn't driving, nor was I in the car. it was a horrifing thing to
watch oyur own bike go through that experience through no fault of your
own......

Wouldn't you know it. I just got back from Adelaide (Prospect). I'll let you know what the LBS says.

Likewise for Dutchy. What's a three month old Arione worth?

Deest said:
Wouldn't you know it. I just got back from Adelaide (Prospect). I'll let you know what the LBS says.

Likewise for Dutchy. What's a three month old Arione worth?

oh, about thirty shackles? :D

F"are you mad?"Dutch

Gemma_k said:
"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Deest Wrote:
>> Thanks Gemma, I'll see if the LBS will let me try one out. If not I
>> might take you up on your offer. You're not in Melbourne by any chance
>> are you?
>>
>> errr.. what do you mean it's been through your garage roof?

> how much do you want for the Arione? :D
>
> and yes, how does one put a saddle thru a garage roof?
> Im thinkin the good ol' car on the roof-rack trick, no?

I'm in Adelaide. And yes, the nose of it got 'punched' through the fibro
above the roller door....
No I wasn't driving, nor was I in the car. it was a horrifing thing to
watch oyur own bike go through that experience through no fault of your
own......
Hi Gemma, how do I take you up on your offer to try the saddle.? need to pay for the post somehow

Ta

"Deest" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...

> Hi Gemma, how do I take you up on your offer to try the saddle.? need
> to pay for the post somehow

Hiya,
Email me gkernich at optusnet.com dot au with your address, I'll send you
the saddle and when you return it put some cash in with it, OK?
As long as you'd don't steal it - it's a sparkly blue/purple, ti railed
version. Easily recognisable as mine, my henchmen will get you. Everyone
knows I like bike bling.... Can have it to you by the weekend if you'd like.

Gemma