Fizik saddles

tafi

Jul 31, 2003
G'day.
I am going to change my saddle soon (a sensitive and personal thing I know) but I will probably buy one of the Fizik Poggio or Arione saddles. I have heard good things about both. Does anyone have an opinion?

Cheers.

I have an Arione. It's a very comfortable saddle, but most importantly it very long. This allows sit way back and power away on a long seated climb or out on the nose while down in the drops for long flats.

I've never tried the other Fizik saddle but I love the Arione.

Additional Reading on the Arione:

http://www.cyclingforums.com/t67722-15--Arione--1.html

Scott

I purchased about 10 saddles in 2 months in a bid to help my aching but. I tried the SM era's, the pave even the cp pave and the vitesse, the only sadle that helped me was the Fizik Aliente. It needs about 100miles to break in but after that it only get better. I am a big rider 5-10 210lb lotta muscle and wide sit bones, if this seat is comfy for me anyone can use it.

I've got the Arione and it saved my riding basically. Was getting very painful saddle sores/lumps that no short/chamois cream/position/saddle could alleviate - until the Arione.

The only problem now is getting hold of another one for my race bike. There seems to be a UK-wide shortage at the moment!

I started with the Alliante. It was OK, but on long rides (over 2.5 hours) it became very painful. I tried about a dozen others, and worked my way to the Arione. I thought it was OK for awhile, but as the miles wore on, I wore out! I got some nasty sores, and punted it. It has two seams that are in the wrong place, and it felt oddly hard. Nothing has bettered the Alliante so far, although I have an ERA Pro and an SLK waiting in the wings for testing.

2nd best was the Specialized Body Geometry Pro.

The Alliante would be perfect if they stiffened up the padding just a little bit, and took out of some of the hammock effect.