FLÈCHE WALLONNE 2009 : Wed 22nd April

I haven;t seen any race wins for Kirchen this season so far.

Cavendish, Pinotti and Albasini have all had wins for Columbia this season

limerickman said:
I haven;t seen any race wins for Kirchen this season so far.
To be fair, don't forget Kirchen broke his collarbone on Tour of California in a crash involving Freire. It's actually a miracle he's already back on track. Was supposed to reace the amstel, but crashed again last week while training. Will be back on Wednesday for F-W, but will probably miss usual punch in last climb...

adamastor said:
To be fair, don't forget Kirchen broke his collarbone on Tour of California in a crash involving Freire. It's actually a miracle he's already back on track. Was supposed to reace the amstel, but crashed again last week while training. Will be back on Wednesday for F-W, but will probably miss usual punch in last climb...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't think lacking kilometers will be an issue. The real part of this race is only around 62 kilometres long (starting in Andenne km 133). What counts is your ability to ride yourself to death over the last 7 climbs before the final assent of the Muur.

Having said that I'm going for Cunego on this one followed by Valverde, Sanchez.

The South African government has been kind enough to make tomorrow a public holiday. We vote for a new president in the morning and watch F-W in the afternoon - pretty much a perfect day (apart from the voting!!)...

I'm 99% sure it's televised live too. Wicked.

I think I may be shitting myself again - just when I was recovering from P-R!

Hmmm - who to pick....

Eldron said:
The South African government has been kind enough to make tomorrow a public holiday. We vote for a new president in the morning and watch F-W in the afternoon - pretty much a perfect day (apart from the voting!!)...

I'm 99% sure it's televised live too. Wicked.

I think I may be shitting myself again - just when I was recovering from P-R!

Hmmm - who to pick....

wait till the Lions arrive in June !

limerickman said:

Pfffff...candy from babies I tell you.

World Champs with 2 teams in the top 4 of the Super 14 against a smorgasbord of british "talent" - it's gonna be an ass whopping series I tell ya :D

I will be wearing black to the games to honour the passing of northern hemisphere rugby!!!

I'll go for Cunego too. Valverde would be my bet but since he's targeting the Tour I think he hasn't prepared well enough for the classics. Andy Schleck should be better in July too.

I'm thinking Valverde for a win.
Evans & Gesink should be in with a good shot as well.

What's Sammy Sanchez form like he's been pretty quiet, could be a dark horse for good result?

limerickman said:
what happened last time the lions played?
icon12.gif

Watching Tv coverage of FW : weather conditions are nice : 26kms left to go.
Moreau has 40 sec gap on the chasing group.

Jose Serpa has gone on a break : interesting to see if he can go for the win
(lony way out : 22kms to go).

Rebellins team are featuring : Karsten Kroon : Augusten (the guy who went over the barrier at the TDF last year) is there, Scarponi, Dan Martin (Irish champion) : Cadel Evans is there and Valverde.

The bunch look to be grouping : approx 11kms to go.

Pfannberger, Valverde look really strong : 7kms to go.
Scarponi in the group as is Kroon : strong group.
The winner could well be from this group : although they only have a 6sec lead over the chasing bunch