Flagstaff/Prescott area rider questions

chinnyr

Guest
Hello!I am thinking of relocating to the Flagstaff or Prescott area of
Arizona.I know the trails are going to be good!I currently live in
Virginia.I need some advice on the area.I am a chef and will also be looking
for work,as well as all the other good stuff that comes along with
moving......housing,etc.And,don't forget to tell me how great the trails are
too!Thanks! -Rich

"chinnyr" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hello!I am thinking of relocating to the Flagstaff or Prescott area of
>Arizona.I know the trails are going to be good!I currently live in
>Virginia.I need some advice on the area.I am a chef and will also be looking
>for work,as well as all the other good stuff that comes along with
>moving......housing,etc.And,don't forget to tell me how great the trails are
>too!Thanks! -Rich

The trails are great. Who cares about the rest? ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Ummmm.I do.I'm the one who will be moving there,and you are from
Florida...soooo,have you been/lived there?.Thanks!
> "chinnyr" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Hello!I am thinking of relocating to the Flagstaff or Prescott area of
> >Arizona.I know the trails are going to be good!I currently live in
> >Virginia.I need some advice on the area.I am a chef and will also be

looking
> >for work,as well as all the other good stuff that comes along with
> >moving......housing,etc.And,don't forget to tell me how great the trails

are
> >too!Thanks! -Rich

> The trails are great. Who cares about the rest? ;-)
>
> Mark Hickey
> Habanero Cycles
> http://www.habcycles.com
> Home of the $695 ti frame

"chinnyr" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Ummmm.I do.I'm the one who will be moving there,and you are from
>Florida...soooo,have you been/lived there?.Thanks!

Actually I live in Mesa, Arizona (better riding than in Florida, after
all). I've been to Flag and to Prescott - but mainly just to ride.
Flagstaff has lots o' trendy little cafes and tourist hangouts, so
there should be opportunities for you.

Housing, etc.? No idea. But I'd sincerely recommend doing some
serious searching on the area before packing up the UHaul and heading
out.

Did I mention the trails are great?

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

"chinnyr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello!I am thinking of relocating to the Flagstaff or Prescott area of
> Arizona.I know the trails are going to be good!I currently live in
> Virginia.I need some advice on the area.I am a chef and will also be looking
> for work,as well as all the other good stuff that comes along with
> moving......housing,etc.And,don't forget to tell me how great the trails are
> too!Thanks! -Rich

Take a good look before you leap. And make sure you have a job lined
up. The housing market in Flag is is high, and shows no sign of
slowing down. Flag is landlocked by National Forest. Most of the new
developements are outside of town on patch work inholdings.

The job market in the service industries is seasonally flooded. With
NAU in town there is a never ending supply of new workers willing to
work for low wages in order to boost their college fund.

8 years in Flag, 4 years in Page.

> Actually I live in Mesa, Arizona (better riding than in Florida, after
> all). I've been to Flag and to Prescott - but mainly just to ride.
> Flagstaff has lots o' trendy little cafes and tourist hangouts, so
> there should be opportunities for you.

Yep, and you still owe me a ride. But I'd hate to suffer through it while
it's hot outside, so you're off the hook until it cools down.

John M

[email protected] (Reco Diver) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "chinnyr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hello!I am thinking of relocating to the Flagstaff or Prescott area of
> > Arizona.I know the trails are going to be good!I currently live in
> > Virginia.I need some advice on the area.I am a chef and will also be looking
> > for work,as well as all the other good stuff that comes along with
> > moving......housing,etc.And,don't forget to tell me how great the trails are
> > too!Thanks! -Rich

> Take a good look before you leap. And make sure you have a job lined
> up. The housing market in Flag is is high, and shows no sign of
> slowing down. Flag is landlocked by National Forest. Most of the new
> developements are outside of town on patch work inholdings.
>
> The job market in the service industries is seasonally flooded. With
> NAU in town there is a never ending supply of new workers willing to
> work for low wages in order to boost their college fund.

> 8 years in Flag, 4 years in Page.

Sounds kinda like GJ, except the housing thing and our being
landlocked by BLM. I've seen a lot of ill-prepared people come and
go.

JD