Flamewars!!!!

jmitting

Nov 14, 2003
I've been involved in a flame war, fanned a couple I thought needed help to get going too. The question for me now is why bother. At first I get that warm little glow that comes from sticking the boots in then I start to lose intrest. I now wonder do these flame sessions serve any useful purpose such as allowing me and others to vent their aggressions or are we/I merely feeding some ego driven beast that might be better of having a stiff drink and good lie down. I go now, must ride to town, do christmas shopping, over to you. Replies, abuse, suggestions welcomed and/or ignored. :confused:

Originally posted by jmitting
I've been involved in a flame war, fanned a couple I thought needed help to get going too. The question for me now is why bother. At first I get that warm little glow that comes from sticking the boots in then I start to lose intrest. I now wonder do these flame sessions serve any useful purpose such as allowing me and others to vent their aggressions or are we/I merely feeding some ego driven beast that might be better of having a stiff drink and good lie down. I go now, must ride to town, do christmas shopping, over to you. Replies, abuse, suggestions welcomed and/or ignored. :confused:

This apathetic attitude toward flame wars simply demonstrates how much of a pansy you are. Apparently you lack the testicular fortitude to see things through to their conclusion. One wonders if you have a job, and if you do, how long you have held it. Since you are posting on a cycling forum, one wonders if you have the discipline to manage to ride in any direction other than downhill. The flame war is a beautiful art form and requires writers to be passionate. Stiff drinks do help this process, but only for the angry drunk. Powder puffs like you who lie down after drinking probably better not even begin to participate in the highly intellectual art of flame wars.

How's that?:D

Honestly--of course they do nothing constructive. Duh!

Originally posted by jmitting
Oh I dunno, bet you feel better now!
I do, but you forgot the rules of flame wars:
1. Never agree, especially to rational statements.
2. Always resort to personal attacks.
3. Always flame back, or at least add oxygen.

Originally posted by bioguy
This apathetic attitude toward flame wars simply demonstrates how much of a pansy you are. Apparently you lack the testicular fortitude to see things through to their conclusion. One wonders if you have a job, and if you do, how long you have held it. Since you are posting on a cycling forum, one wonders if you have the discipline to manage to ride in any direction other than downhill. The flame war is a beautiful art form and requires writers to be passionate. Stiff drinks do help this process, but only for the angry drunk. Powder puffs like you who lie down after drinking probably better not even begin to participate in the highly intellectual art of flame wars.

How's that?:D

Honestly--of course they do nothing constructive. Duh!

Bravo, Bioguy, bravo indeed!

:D

Are you trying to tell us something with that little batman avatar?With that mask he seems kind of horny aye? And you always see him hanging out with Robin. Let's see, a younger guy with some old fart. Are you trying to tell us that you're a raging homosexual pedaphile, huh punk???????

Wait till I have one of your "stiff drinks" then you'll see the flames: shooting right out of my a$$. What is a stiff drink to you? A Coors Light? Maybe a budweiser if you're feeling particularly naughty? Maybe you should join Batman up there.

You know, I bet you're all a bunch of Lycra in the coffee shop wearing, Lance replica riding, SUV driving, gas guzling, polluting, right wing, pro-war, internet message board posting, out of work, fifty somethings compensating for your midlife crisis by buying compnents to good for your slow, hairy, butt, then getting your ****** handed to you by one of us juniors

:D STL, CWTF style....

bioguy said:
I do, but you forgot the rules of flame wars:
1. Never agree, especially to rational statements.
2. Always resort to personal attacks.
3. Always flame back, or at least add oxygen.

Sorry, I was bored.. viva la old post topic