Flaming cars!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, Apr 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon Mason

Simon Mason Guest

Our lass usually moans when I buy the latest light, tyre or computer for my bike, but today she
    didn't comment at all when I had to shell out over 500 quid for a new exhaust, pads and discs and
    two front tyres for "her" car. Still, I'll be able to order a new cycle jacket now without much
    of a squeak
    :)

--
    Simon Mason Anlaby East Yorkshire. 53°44'N 0°26'W http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Tags:

2. >Still, I'll be able to order a new cycle jacket now without much of a squeak
    >:)

Seems reasonable. One can never have too many bikes, bike bits or accessories.

Tha paving slab fairy has spoken - it is the law, fact, custom, and reasonable ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
    Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
    ~~~~~~~~~~

3. Mark

Mark Guest

> Seems reasonable. One can never have too many bikes, bike bits or accessories.
    >
    > The paving slab fairy has spoken - it is the law, fact, custom, and reasonable

You don't know how much happier I am after reading that - I've just forked out a lot of money which
    I don't have for some more cycling kit & wondered whether there'd be repercussions from She Who Must
    Be Obeyed. I'll just say that the paving slab fairy told me to do
    it.

Mark

4. Mark

Mark Guest

> As long as there's no b*bs in the purchases, you are entirely within the bounds of reason to get
    > whtever you want.

Oh dear...

Mark

5. Dave

Dave Guest

Simon Mason wrote:

> Our lass usually moans when I buy the latest light, tyre or computer for my bike, but today she
    > didn't comment at all when I had to shell out over 500 quid for a new exhaust, pads and discs and
    > two front tyres for "her" car. Still, I'll be able to order a new cycle jacket now without much of
    > a squeak
    > :)
    >
    > --
    > Simon Mason Anlaby East Yorkshire. 53°44'N 0°26'W http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

you've left me with thoughts of unscrupulous husbands/partners going off to buy unnecessary car
    consumables just so they can buy cycle components and clothing !! i take it the car needed the
    exhaust, pads and discs? did your wife ask to see the old ones

davep

6. Simon Mason

Simon Mason Guest

dave <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Simon Mason wrote:
    >
    > > Our lass usually moans when I buy the latest light, tyre or computer for my bike, but today she
    > > didn't comment at all when I had to shell out over 500 quid for a new exhaust, pads and discs
    > > and two front tyres for "her" car. Still, I'll be able to order a new cycle jacket now without
    > > much of a squeak
    > > :)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Simon Mason Anlaby East Yorkshire. 53°44'N 0°26'W http://www.simonmason.karoo.net
    >
    > you've left me with thoughts of unscrupulous husbands/partners going off to buy unnecessary car
    > consumables just so they can buy cycle components and clothing !! i take it the car needed the
    > exhaust, pads and discs? did your wife ask to see the old ones
    >
    > davep

She knew how much it was before I did. I left it at Kwikfit at 0700 after my night shift, walked
    home and then went to bed. They then rang her with the quote later on. Simon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.