Flaming cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simon Mason

Our lass usually moans when I buy the latest light, tyre or computer for my bike, but today she
didn't comment at all when I had to shell out over 500 quid for a new exhaust, pads and discs and
two front tyres for "her" car. Still, I'll be able to order a new cycle jacket now without much
of a squeak
:)

--
Simon Mason Anlaby East Yorkshire. 53°44'N 0°26'W http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

>Still, I'll be able to order a new cycle jacket now without much of a squeak
>:)

Seems reasonable. One can never have too many bikes, bike bits or accessories.

Tha paving slab fairy has spoken - it is the law, fact, custom, and reasonable ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

> Seems reasonable. One can never have too many bikes, bike bits or accessories.
>
> The paving slab fairy has spoken - it is the law, fact, custom, and reasonable

You don't know how much happier I am after reading that - I've just forked out a lot of money which
I don't have for some more cycling kit & wondered whether there'd be repercussions from She Who Must
Be Obeyed. I'll just say that the paving slab fairy told me to do
it.

Mark

> As long as there's no b*bs in the purchases, you are entirely within the bounds of reason to get
> whtever you want.

Oh dear...

Mark

Simon Mason wrote:

> Our lass usually moans when I buy the latest light, tyre or computer for my bike, but today she
> didn't comment at all when I had to shell out over 500 quid for a new exhaust, pads and discs and
> two front tyres for "her" car. Still, I'll be able to order a new cycle jacket now without much of
> a squeak
> :)
>
> --
> Simon Mason Anlaby East Yorkshire. 53°44'N 0°26'W http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

you've left me with thoughts of unscrupulous husbands/partners going off to buy unnecessary car
consumables just so they can buy cycle components and clothing !! i take it the car needed the
exhaust, pads and discs? did your wife ask to see the old ones

davep

dave <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Simon Mason wrote:
>
> > Our lass usually moans when I buy the latest light, tyre or computer for my bike, but today she
> > didn't comment at all when I had to shell out over 500 quid for a new exhaust, pads and discs
> > and two front tyres for "her" car. Still, I'll be able to order a new cycle jacket now without
> > much of a squeak
> > :)
> >
> > --
> > Simon Mason Anlaby East Yorkshire. 53°44'N 0°26'W http://www.simonmason.karoo.net
>
> you've left me with thoughts of unscrupulous husbands/partners going off to buy unnecessary car
> consumables just so they can buy cycle components and clothing !! i take it the car needed the
> exhaust, pads and discs? did your wife ask to see the old ones
>
> davep

She knew how much it was before I did. I left it at Kwikfit at 0700 after my night shift, walked
home and then went to bed. They then rang her with the quote later on. Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.