Flaming cars!

Simon Mason

Guest
Our lass usually moans when I buy the latest light, tyre or computer for my bike, but today she
didn't comment at all when I had to shell out over 500 quid for a new exhaust, pads and discs and
two front tyres for "her" car. Still, I'll be able to order a new cycle jacket now without much
of a squeak
:)

>Still, I'll be able to order a new cycle jacket now without much of a squeak
>:)

Seems reasonable. One can never have too many bikes, bike bits or accessories.

Tha paving slab fairy has spoken - it is the law, fact, custom, and reasonable ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

> Seems reasonable. One can never have too many bikes, bike bits or accessories.
>
> The paving slab fairy has spoken - it is the law, fact, custom, and reasonable

You don't know how much happier I am after reading that - I've just forked out a lot of money which
I don't have for some more cycling kit & wondered whether there'd be repercussions from She Who Must
Be Obeyed. I'll just say that the paving slab fairy told me to do
it.

Mark

> As long as there's no b*bs in the purchases, you are entirely within the bounds of reason to get
> whtever you want.

Oh dear...

Mark

Simon Mason wrote:

> Our lass usually moans when I buy the latest light, tyre or computer for my bike, but today she
> didn't comment at all when I had to shell out over 500 quid for a new exhaust, pads and discs and
> two front tyres for "her" car. Still, I'll be able to order a new cycle jacket now without much of
> a squeak
> :)
>
> --
> Simon Mason Anlaby East Yorkshire. 53°44'N 0°26'W http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

you've left me with thoughts of unscrupulous husbands/partners going off to buy unnecessary car
consumables just so they can buy cycle components and clothing !! i take it the car needed the
exhaust, pads and discs? did your wife ask to see the old ones

davep

dave <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Simon Mason wrote:
>
> > Our lass usually moans when I buy the latest light, tyre or computer for my bike, but today she
> > didn't comment at all when I had to shell out over 500 quid for a new exhaust, pads and discs
> > and two front tyres for "her" car. Still, I'll be able to order a new cycle jacket now without
> > much of a squeak
> > :)
> >
> > --
> > Simon Mason Anlaby East Yorkshire. 53°44'N 0°26'W http://www.simonmason.karoo.net
>
> you've left me with thoughts of unscrupulous husbands/partners going off to buy unnecessary car
> consumables just so they can buy cycle components and clothing !! i take it the car needed the
> exhaust, pads and discs? did your wife ask to see the old ones
>
> davep

She knew how much it was before I did. I left it at Kwikfit at 0700 after my night shift, walked
home and then went to bed. They then rang her with the quote later on. Simon