Flat Bar Road Bike (again!)

rdk

Aug 21, 2005
I've been looking for a while and was ready to plonk my cash on the counter to buy a Giant CRX-1, even though I hated the colour. I went into Fitzroy Cycles for one last longing look at the Avanti Blade Pro which was my first choice but out of my price range.

But wait: reduced to $1750!!. Quick call to the wife to approve the extra 250 bucks over the CRX-1 and I became a happy man. Specs match the Giant but with carbon seat stay and bar ends, and in my opinion more comfortable seat and grips, and looks about 10X better.

If you're in the market Fitzroy Cycles and Le Tour both have them at $1700/1750, TFM still have them at the original price. Make sure you ask for one with the Ultegra rear derailleur as some have been equipped with 105s.

Borsari have a nice Norco FBR1 at $2300 which they seem ready to deal which is also nice. This bike has road bike brake calipers but mountain bike XT running gear. Go figure.

gclark8 said:
There is a 2005 CRX1 (50cm) in today's Quokka for $680. :cool:
hehe, Thanks for the infomation.
In fact, I have contacted the person and checked the bike today already.
It is too small for me:( . ( I am about 182 cm)

By the way, I got my Giant CRX1 2006 today.
I am so happy cos the bike price is on special ($1199). (20% discounted:D)

I have been planning to ride bike to work for a month.
Now, I can start to do that:)

i picked up that CRX1 in the quokka for $650. im about the same height (182cm). probably a little small but the guy who sold it is about the same height as me. gonna start riding to work this week from Winthrop. the bike looks pretty damn sexy ;)

esan said:
hehe, Thanks for the infomation.
In fact, I have contacted the person and checked the bike today already.
It is too small for me:( . ( I am about 182 cm)

By the way, I got my Giant CRX1 2006 today.
I am so happy cos the bike price is on special ($1199). (20% discounted:D)

I have been planning to ride bike to work for a month.
Now, I can start to do that:)

Well done to the new CRX riders!! :D Some good deals there. ;)

Got any mates at work that should be cycling, I need to sell my second Felt, I bought 2 sizes too big.. :eek: will suit a 5'9-6'1" rider.. see signature for the link..