Flat-bar road bike cheap, Ibex, Schwinn?

Harriet Mier's Left Toe

Guest
I am interested in picking up a bike for use around town, and
occasional trips up to 10 miles. Comfort is paramount to brute
efficiency. I am looking at the

Ibex Corrida CT:
http://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/COR-CT-Details.html

Schwinn Super Sport:
http://www.schwinnbike.com/products/bikes_detail.php?id=609

Raleigh Route 1
http://www.raleighusa.com/items.asp?deptid=5&itemid=263&va=0

Which of these is most reliable and durable?

Are there any other flatbar road bikes in the 300-500 range that I
should seek out?

Are there any used models that I should look out for?

And finally, I've only ever ridden a steel bike, are aluminum frames
less durable?

Thanks,
Robert.

"Harriet Mier's Left Toe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I am interested in picking up a bike for use around town, and
> occasional trips up to 10 miles. Comfort is paramount to brute
> efficiency. I am looking at the
>
> Ibex Corrida CT:
> http://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/COR-CT-Details.html

I own an Ibex Corrida CT 2.2, which is a couple of years old. I like it very
much. I paid $299 on clearance, and I have ridden it practically every day
for two years. It has a full Shimano gruppo, which is rare at the price
point. Customer service is very good. The bike is durable, and has rack and
fender eyelets. Mounting fenders is difficult because of the min-V brakes,
though. I highly recommend the Ibex.