Flat Bar Shifters from Campagnolo

Bostjan

Feb 6, 2006
Hello everybody!

Has anyone already tried out the new flat bar shifters from Campagnolo or know someone who did?

I am considering ordering a complete Veloce group with flat bar shifters for my new hybrid bike (cross country) and would like to know, how good these shifters perform since they are completely new to the market (at least ours, anyway)? Are there any shortcomings, etc.?

Cheers,
Bostjan

Bostjan said:
Are there any shortcomings, etc.?
Make sure you get the '06 models, not '05. When they rolled out the '05 model, they forgot to put in a release mechanism for the brake levers.

Does this mean they were already around in the beginning of 05? How can I tell apart the 06 from the 05 model?

Cheers,
Bostjan

Bostjan said:
Hello everybody!

Has anyone already tried out the new flat bar shifters from Campagnolo or know someone who did?

I am considering ordering a complete Veloce group with flat bar shifters for my new hybrid bike (cross country) and would like to know, how good these shifters perform since they are completely new to the market (at least ours, anyway)? Are there any shortcomings, etc.?

Cheers,
Bostjan
I have a bike setup for cross and am using campy barend shifters on my barends and a set of MTB brake levers from Performance that can accomodate caliper and cantilevers. They work well, but when I can afford it I will be buying the campy levers. They were announced in late 04 for 05. Check with the site www.campyonly.com and they probably have been roadtested with a report by now.