Flat Feet

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Daveh, Sep 6, 2003.

  1. Daveh

    Daveh Guest

    My wife's tri coach recommends that she change her pedalling style so that her feet are flat at the
    bottom of the pedal stroke.

    Is this important? Does it give you more pedalling efficiency?

    Tags:

  2. Phil Brown

    Phil Brown Guest

    >My wife's tri coach recommends that she change her pedalling style so that her feet are flat at the
    >bottom of the pedal stroke.
    >
    >Is this important? Does it give you more pedalling efficiency?

    One of the great pedeller"s of all time was Jacques Anquiteil and the pedelled heel high all the
    time. Phil brown

  3. if she's heel low I'd be concerned, otherwise not. Simple observation of any televised professional
    race will reveal a multitude of bike fits and styles of pedalling.

    Tri racing may have other concerns - maybe a change in style could be beneficial post transition
    into the run?

    nick

    news:[email protected]...