Flat on the hardrock

The Davidsons

Guest
Got a flat riding my new specialized Hardrock today. Slime it or HD tube?

"The Davidsons" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Got a flat riding my new specialized Hardrock today. Slime it or HD tube?

Call me cheap, but I say just patch the sucker. I usually get about 10-15 patches in a tube before I
replace it...or I'll replace it if it's riddled with those tiny cactus-needle holes that are
impossible to find because the air is leaking so slow. Hmm...new tube $5, or patch kit w/ 7 patches
$1.50? You decide.

-John Morgan

or slime $10.
--
To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

Do what you want. Patch it ,slime it, slime tube it, HD tube it. What ever you wish and have the
time and desire for,just do
it.

Fire up MTB 03

"The Davidsons" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Got a flat riding my new specialized Hardrock today. Slime it or HD tube?

Patch it = fiddly and low cost. New tube = not as fiddly but not so low cost Slime = not fiddly (but
messy) and not so low cost but, did I mention?, messy. Weight penalty = neglible for all methods.
<shrug> I patch for a while and then replace. I replace if I can't be bothered fixing a 1/2dz or
more of those tiny holes that gorse bushes are so happy to provide. I've got a whole pile of
'potentially' patchable tubes. Depends how rich I'm feeling from week to week.

Westie

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| "The Davidsons" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:[email protected]...
| > Got a flat riding my new specialized Hardrock today. Slime it or HD tube?
|
| Call me cheap, but I say just patch the sucker. I usually get about 10-15 patches in a tube before
| I replace it...or I'll replace it if it's riddled with those tiny cactus-needle holes that are
| impossible to find because
the
| air is leaking so slow. Hmm...new tube $5, or patch kit w/ 7 patches $1.50? You decide.
|
| -John Morgan
|
| or slime $10.
| --
| To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

With John on that one but 10-15 patches is a lil too many for me. I replace after about 6.

I have never used the slime stuff but I thought the idea was to put slime in your tubes BEFORE the
puncture. That way the slime seals the puncture and allows continued riding.

Simon....... With my 24x3" tyres and motocross tubes punctures are not really a worry. Just the
fitness to get my wheels rolling. :eek:)

I'd buy those nifty wood tires if i were you (a person that takes the time to post such a question).
The only problems with them (the nifty wood tires) is that they:
1) Crack with the grain.
2) Make loud sounds everytime the wheel rotates over those pesky knots.
3) Shaved legged, pseudo extreme, brightly-colored, polyester-wearing riders look pretty silly with
clunky, knot ridden pinnochio-ridin' wodden tires.