Flat tire, scat ire! a mini-dissertation

fluffy bunny

Guest
Fox River Trail sorta story for your amusement.

Recently i've identified a source of flats that i wouldn't have
expected.

Coyote ****. Yes, coyote ****!

It seems that coyotes like to eat bunnies, and the 'yotes don't always
completely chew their bunny snacks ten times before swallowing, which
leaves sharp little bones (like cracked femurs and ribs) mixed into
their ****.

The problem arises not when go potty on the bike trail -- fresh scat is
pretty easy to avoid -- but a couple of weeks later, when the poo has
weathered into a light grey colored hairball on the asphalt.

A hairball with hollow pointy bones, that is.

The bunnyhair matrix of the hairball helps hold the pointy bunny bones
erect, like a little caltrops.

It's obviously not a problem for most people, but ... if you're riding
through the fox valley*, there are a couple of places where the yotes
like to **** on the trail and the flat potential is _surprisingly_ high.

Just don't ride over the hairballs. :)

..max
who'da thunk?

(Worst spot i've found is about 100m east of Rt. 25 on the Batavia Spur
of the Illinois Prairie Path.)

fluffy bunny <[email protected]> wrote:
<snipped - an entertaining story about prairie ****>

I would never have thought of that particular hazard. Thanks for
sharing a story about your unique hazard.

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
"If law school is so hard to get through....how come there

On 2007-05-04, fluffy bunny <[email protected]> wrote:
> Fox River Trail sorta story for your amusement.
>
> Recently i've identified a source of flats that i wouldn't have
> expected.
>
> Coyote ****. Yes, coyote ****!

I'm not sure I want to know /how/ you made this discovery.

--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_'\(,_ [email protected]

On May 4, 10:20 am, fluffy bunny <[email protected]> wrote:
> Fox River Trail sorta story for your amusement.
>
> Recently i've identified a source of flats that i wouldn't have
> expected.
>
> Coyote ****. Yes, coyote ****!
>
> It seems that coyotes like to eat bunnies, and the 'yotes don't always
> completely chew their bunny snacks ten times before swallowing, which
> leaves sharp little bones (like cracked femurs and ribs) mixed into
> their ****.
>
> The problem arises not when go potty on the bike trail -- fresh scat is
> pretty easy to avoid -- but a couple of weeks later, when the poo has
> weathered into a light grey colored hairball on the asphalt.
>
> A hairball with hollow pointy bones, that is.
>
> The bunnyhair matrix of the hairball helps hold the pointy bunny bones
> erect, like a little caltrops.
>
> It's obviously not a problem for most people, but ... if you're riding
> through the fox valley*, there are a couple of places where the yotes
> like to **** on the trail and the flat potential is _surprisingly_ high.
>
> Just don't ride over the hairballs. :)
>
> .max
> who'da thunk?
>
> (Worst spot i've found is about 100m east of Rt. 25 on the Batavia Spur
> of the Illinois Prairie Path.)

The coyotes' crapping on the path
is a sign of how they feel about this
whole humanity thing. The flat tire
is an unforeseen bonus and undoubtedly
the cause of much rejoicing in the
local coyote community.

On Fri, 04 May 2007 16:20:50 GMT, fluffy bunny
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Fox River Trail sorta story for your amusement.
>
>Recently i've identified a source of flats that i wouldn't have
>expected.
>
>Coyote ****. Yes, coyote ****!
>
>It seems that coyotes like to eat bunnies, and the 'yotes don't always
>completely chew their bunny snacks ten times before swallowing, which
>leaves sharp little bones (like cracked femurs and ribs) mixed into
>their ****.
>
>The problem arises not when go potty on the bike trail -- fresh scat is
>pretty easy to avoid -- but a couple of weeks later, when the poo has
>weathered into a light grey colored hairball on the asphalt.
>
>A hairball with hollow pointy bones, that is.
>
>The bunnyhair matrix of the hairball helps hold the pointy bunny bones
>erect, like a little caltrops.
>
>It's obviously not a problem for most people, but ... if you're riding
>through the fox valley*, there are a couple of places where the yotes
>like to **** on the trail and the flat potential is _surprisingly_ high.
>
>Just don't ride over the hairballs. :)
>
>.max
>who'da thunk?
>
>(Worst spot i've found is about 100m east of Rt. 25 on the Batavia Spur
>of the Illinois Prairie Path.)

Well, that's one problem we don't have here in New York City. Well,
that and thorns. Just broken glass.