Flatter courses in the San Francisco area

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Jason O'Rourke, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. I'm compiling a list of courses to pass on to would be triathletes who don't feel very strong on the
    bike course. Pacific Grove is, I think, the easiest one, but TriforFun is another that I don't
    recall being hard at all for that leg. That way they can focus just on the riding hard, not having
    to worry about muscle strength/burnout being the limiting factor.

    What others might be good candidates?
    --
    Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

    Tags:

  2. Gwydion

    Gwydion Guest

    San Jose Int'l. Very flat, only one real hill.

    Jason O'Rourke wrote:

    > I'm compiling a list of courses to pass on to would be triathletes who don't feel very strong on
    > the bike course. Pacific Grove is, I think, the easiest one, but TriforFun is another that I don't
    > recall being hard at all for that leg. That way they can focus just on the riding hard, not having
    > to worry about muscle strength/burnout being the limiting factor.
    >
    > What others might be good candidates?
    > --
    > Jason O'Rourke www.jor.com

  3. Chris Maginn

    Chris Maginn Guest

    Here's a few more: Bethel Island (Sept), which is run by the Pleasanton Tri For Fun RD, TBF HIT (1/2
    IM) at Rancho Seco, and a race that may not be happening this year.....Alameda Tri ONE (JA
    Productions). The Alameda race may have been supplanted by a new Intl race in Folsom which is around
    the same time. I've got an email into JA Productions about it but haven't heard back.