Fleche - Wallonne picks

Andrija

Feb 16, 2005
Amstel Gold was very interesting, favorites proved they're in good shape.
One of few strong men who wasn't present in Holland was Vino, I'll pick him for this one.

I'll go with Valverde, for a repeat of last years performance. Though if Gerolsteiner manage to get two men in the front group maybe it will be Rebellin's turn to win?

I'd like to see one of Disco's riders at least try and do something, they looked non-existent at Amstel despite having some strong men there.

helmutRoole2 said:
Tommy D.

Or Rebellin.

Lim or WTB or someone who saw it, how did he look at Amstel?
Rebellin looked strong. But then its hard to guess because he had team mates in that front group, and obviously didnt have to work as hard as the others.

Bettini and Valeverde didnt even contest the sprint for second.

Don't know about Valverde - isnt having the same luck/results as at this time last year. Saving his powder for the Tour?

Frank Schleck did a gutsy ride. He crashed very heavily about 40 km from the finish, but was able to make it into the select chasing group by the end (nice helping hand from team car though, for at least a minute or more. Who needs EPO?)

wicklow200 said:
Don't know about Valverde - isnt having the same luck/results as at this time last year. Saving his powder for the Tour?

By "powder" did you mean dope?
J/K, read that he apparently got a little heated at the pre-race interview when reporters started asking about OP - he was rumored to "piti".

Di Luca needs to do something after looking so unhappy with his 3rd in the Amstel Gold Race.

Samuel Sanchez? Sylvain Chavanel?

when eddy ruled said:
cadel, rebellin, di luca. schumacher has the form...maybe he'll help davide this time
Hey! That is breaking the rules... one, maximum two riders allowed in your picks. ;)

patch70 said:
Di Luca needs to do something after looking so unhappy with his 3rd in the Amstel Gold Race.

Samuel Sanchez? Sylvain Chavanel?
Very good pick. I was wondering when someone will choose him.

whiteboytrash said:
**** work by the camera crew who missed the break being caught ! NB Vino & Rogers both active today.....

Prolly the same guys who did Amstel, sheesh.

Podium featured the winners of the last 4 editions of the Fleche, interesting, but stands to reason I guess.