Flexible flat feet?

Valtudo

Apr 21, 2003
I'm just starting cycling and am wondering if I should wear an arch support in my shoe. I have very high arches and my ankle will sink under pressure. I can keep my ankles straight or bend them in. I was wondering if there is any advantage or disadvantage to this. Would being able to change my ankle position allow me to use other muscle groups or anything like that? Will it hurt my power if it isn't completely rigid? Does anyone have advice?

One of the difficulties when interfacing biological organisms (us) to machines (our bikes)is proper fit. If anything is out of wack, optimal performance will be difficult to achieve.

Cycling is very complex and time consuming. It is a sport where great experimentation, especially with regard to fit, is needed to find what works and what doesn't.

Your feet may benefit from professionally fitted orthodics. They can be expensive.

As an alternative, try Peterson PowerBed insoles. They fit in your cycling shoes and over time will bend and conform to your foot.

check them out at:

http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=2&vendor=PETERSON

After you try these or some orthodics, compare how you feel with and without them. Whatever makes you feel the best is what you should stick with.

Good luck!!!