Flight Deck 6501 Manual Needed

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gary Mishler, Mar 29, 2003.

  1. Gary Mishler

    Gary Mishler Guest

    I just bought a new Flight Deck 6501 display head to replace my "retired" 6500 display head.
    Unfortunately, the new display head did not come with any instructions. I checked the Shimano site
    and didn't find anything.

    Does anyone know a source to obtain setup/operating instructions for the 6501?

    Thanks, Mish

    Tags:

  2. Sam Salt

    Sam Salt Guest

    If it is brand new I would return it to the shop and ask for a manual or swap it for another
    with a manual.

    Sam Salt

    "Gary Mishler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just bought a new Flight Deck 6501 display head to replace my "retired" 6500 display head.
    > Unfortunately, the new display head did not come with any instructions. I checked the Shimano site
    > and didn't find anything.
    >
    > Does anyone know a source to obtain setup/operating instructions for the 6501?
    >
    > Thanks, Mish

    ---

  3. Derk Drukker

    Derk Drukker Guest

  4. Wbtobal

    Wbtobal Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Gary Mishler" <[email protected]> writes:

    >I just bought a new Flight Deck 6501 display head to replace my "retired" 6500 display head.
    >Unfortunately, the new display head did not come with any instructions. I checked the Shimano site
    >and didn't find anything.
    >
    >Does anyone know a source to obtain setup/operating instructions for the 6501?

    Hi Mish,

    Unfortunately the head does not come with the manual...the manual comes with the wiring harness
    portion of the system. Go back to the shop and ask if they have a 6501 manual...often they are left
    behind by customers purchasing the harness (or complete system). Many folks would rather return to
    the shop for battery changes, and programming, rather than do it themselves...so the manual is not
    important to them. Go figure.

    Regards,
    Bill

  5. Frank121

    Frank121 Guest

    Here is the 6501 manual in PDF format:

    http://www.shimano-europe.com/cycling/phpimages/product/exp_view/SM-6501.pdf

    "Gary Mishler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just bought a new Flight Deck 6501 display head to replace my "retired" 6500 display head.
    > Unfortunately, the new display head did not come with any instructions. I checked the Shimano site
    > and didn't find anything.
    >
    > Does anyone know a source to obtain setup/operating instructions for the 6501?
    >
    > Thanks, Mish

  6. Frank121

    Frank121 Guest

    Sorry...wrong link! Here is the correct one:

    http://psycle-therapy.great-ride.com/shimano_flight_deck_6501_instruc.htm

    "frank121" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:%[email protected]...
    > Here is the 6501 manual in PDF format:

    http://www.shimano-europe.com/cycling/phpimages/product/exp_view/SM-6501.pdf

    > "Gary Mishler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I just bought a new Flight Deck 6501 display head to replace my
    "retired"
    > > 6500 display head. Unfortunately, the new display head did not come
    with
    > > any instructions. I checked the Shimano site and didn't find anything.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know a source to obtain setup/operating instructions for the 6501?
    > >
    > > Thanks, Mish

  7. Gary Mishler

    Gary Mishler Guest

    "frank121" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Sorry...wrong link! Here is the correct one:
    >
    > http://psycle-therapy.great-ride.com/shimano_flight_deck_6501_instruc.htm
    >

    > "frank121" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:%[email protected]...
    > > Here is the 6501 manual in PDF format:

    http://www.shimano-europe.com/cycling/phpimages/product/exp_view/SM-6501.pdf

    > > "Gary Mishler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > I just bought a new Flight Deck 6501 display head to replace my
    > "retired"
    > > > 6500 display head. Unfortunately, the new display head did not come
    > with
    > > > any instructions. I checked the Shimano site and didn't find
    anything.

    > > > Does anyone know a source to obtain setup/operating instructions for
    the
    > > > 6501?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks, Mish

    Thanks everyone!!!! Thank Frank for the .PDF - excellent.

  8. Bobv

    Bobv Guest

    This is not a SC 6501 manual, but just a PDF format exploded view.

    I recently purchased two Flight Deck 6501 units, and both manuals were for the 6500. There are some
    definite differences in the units, but they are sort of usable with a lot of imagination. I have
    heard others complain about the same problem. I am not sure that they even publish a 6501 manual.

    Bob

    On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 01:27:23 GMT, "frank121" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Here is the 6501 manual in PDF format:
    >
    >http://www.shimano-europe.com/cycling/phpimages/product/exp_view/SM-6501.pdf
    >

    >"Gary Mishler" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> I just bought a new Flight Deck 6501 display head to replace my "retired" 6500 display head.
    >> Unfortunately, the new display head did not come with any instructions. I checked the Shimano
    >> site and didn't find anything.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know a source to obtain setup/operating instructions for the 6501?
    >>
    >> Thanks, Mish

  9. Bobv

    Bobv Guest

    Sorry about the previous posting, I see the correct link in a later posting.

    Thanks, I needed this also.