flight deck question

RBS

Aug 7, 2003
hi folks

i have ultegra st6501 shifters. they have two "buttons" on the hood of the right shifter and none on the left shifter. other sti shifters have one button on each hood. what is the difference in funtionality? i want to get a flight deck computer specifically for cadence display.

thanks all

bob

I think there isn't any difference in functionality other than the fact the buttons are on 1 shifter. I think the harness (which is purchased separately from the computer) is different for your 2-button version.

FWIW, I bought my wife a wireless flightdeck computer a couple wks ago as a birthday gift. She's new to roadbiking and having the gear position indicator was important to her... I have to admit it's kinda cool w/9-speed cassettes and all. I tried to install it and after ~2 hrs gave up (I'm an engineer, believe me, flightdecks shifter mounting kits are horribly designed and finicky). Going to the LBS tomorrow to figure out whether the harness is defective (my guess is yes). For $110, I would expect more from Shimano!