Flight Deck Tire setting for 700x32 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Pedder

If anyone is runnning 700x32's with Shimano Flight Deck, kindly share your tire circumference
setting. Not that it matters, but I'm using some Ritchey SpeedMax Cross tires and a 6500 head unit.

Thanks...

"Steve Pedder" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Ku8ca.71633$L1.11329@sccrnsc02...
> If anyone is runnning 700x32's with Shimano Flight Deck, kindly share your tire
> circumference setting. Not that it matters, but I'm using some Ritchey SpeedMax Cross tires
> and a 6500 head unit.
>
> Thanks...

Why don't you do a "rollout", and get the number for yourself? It is generally more accurate than
depending on a published "average".

Position the valve stem at the 6 o'clock position, and mark the spot (it helps if you have an
assistant). Push the bike forward, observing the valve stem, and applying some weight on the
handlebars. I like to roll forward for 3 revolutions. When the valve stem reaches the 6 o'clock
position again, mark the spot. Then, use a tape measure to find the distance between the first and
last spots. Divide by the number of revolutions, and viola, you've got your exact circumference.

Note: If you're really anal about it, you can repeat this every month or so, to account for
tire wear.

Gary G.

"Steve Pedder" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Ku8ca.71633$L1.11329@sccrnsc02...
> If anyone is runnning 700x32's with Shimano Flight Deck,
kindly share your
> tire circumference setting. Not that it matters, but I'm
using some
> Ritchey SpeedMax Cross tires and a 6500 head unit.
>
> Thanks...

Or calibrate against a known distance (I use the mileposts on the Natchez Trace to check computer
settings, or the 'bornes kilometriques' when I'm in France).

Status
Not open for further replies.