FlightDeck - adjust miles to km

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Hunter, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    Have got model SC6501. Trying to change to/from miles and km without total reset, ODO etc. Manual
    suggests this can be done by pressing button B for 5 secs. Well, first setting I get is "No. 1" to
    "No. 4" - which are undocumented but presumably allow different settings for several bikes - then
    circumference settings, sprockets etc. No mention of miles/km.

    Any ideas? TIA.

    Tags:

  2. DiabloScott

    DiabloScott New Member

    Joined:
    May 15, 2003
    Messages:
    2,284
    See page 18 in your manual - Chapter 8 "data input"

    start by pushing "all clear"
    you can re-enter your odometer data when you're done.

    different bike setting are described in Chapter 4 on page 14

  3. Hunter

    Hunter Guest

    Er, my manual says you can change from miles to km without reboot. Never mind, Alan Hoyle emailed to
    say I'd got the wrong manual and he was spot on. The correct manual can be found at
    http://bike.shimano.com/Computer/SC_6501_SI.pdf

    Thanks, Alan.

    "DiabloScott" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hunter wrote:
    > > Have got model SC6501. Trying to change to/from miles and km without total reset, ODO etc.
    > > Manual suggests this can be done by pressing button B for 5 secs. Well, first setting I get is
    > > "No. 1" to "No. 4" - which are undocumented but presumably allow different settings for
    > > several bikes - then circumference settings, sprockets etc. No mention of miles/km. Any ideas?
    > > TIA.
    >

    > See page 18 in your manual - Chapter 8 "data input"
    >
    > start by pushing "all clear" you can re-enter your odometer data when you're done.
    >
    > different bike setting are described in Chapter 4 on page 14
    >

    > --
    > Check out my bike blog!
    >
    > http://diabloscott.blogspot.com

  4. Carl Fogel

    Carl Fogel Guest

    "Hunter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Er, my manual says you can change from miles to km without reboot. Never mind, Alan Hoyle emailed
    > to say I'd got the wrong manual and he was spot on. The correct manual can be found at
    > http://bike.shimano.com/Computer/SC_6501_SI.pdf
    >
    > Thanks, Alan.

    [snip]

    Dear Hunter,

    And thanks to you for the priceless gift of the perfect response to RTFM. How often have we all
    RTFM, only to find that it was the wrong FM to read or that the right FM was wrong.

    No page that claims to be intentionally blank can possibly be telling the truth.

    Carl Fogel

  5. Alan Hoyle

    Alan Hoyle Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:35:22 +0000 (UTC), Hunter wrote:
    > Er, my manual says you can change from miles to km without reboot. Never mind, Alan Hoyle emailed
    > to say I'd got the wrong manual and he was spot on. The correct manual can be found at
    > http://bike.shimano.com/Computer/SC_6501_SI.pdf
    >
    > Thanks, Alan.

    No problem. I'd meant to post that instead of just emailing. I had the same problem: my bike shop
    gave me the manual for the 6500 model, not the 6501 model. They apparently weren't aware of the
    difference. Fortunately, they've been on the ball about everything else.

    -alan

    --
    Alan Hoyle - [email protected] - http://www.alanhoyle.com/ "I don't want the world, I just want your
    half." -TMBG Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.