flightdeck problems

hilbren

Mar 28, 2004
Hello,
I’m Hilbren, I’m new here and my English is very bad :p
So I’ve got a problem with my Shimano Flightdeck, it’s a SC-6500, and it’s installed on a Shimano Rapidfire shifter.

The problem: when I shift from the 5th to the 6th gear it doesn’t detect that, it say’s that it s in the 5th gear, and when I shift from the 7th gear to the 6th it says I’m in the 7th gear. The problem appears only in the 6th gear.

Does anybody know the problem? And how can I fix it?

It sounds like the cable tension and possibly derailleur stops aren't set up properly.

Shimano's procedure for setting up derailleurs with rapid-fire type shifters is pretty easy to follow.

Download the SI-6JJRB instructions or almost any other rear derailleur set-up instructions from Shimano's web site and do what it says.

MR

Originally posted by tyler_derden
It sounds like the cable tension and possibly derailleur stops aren't set up properly.

Shimano's procedure for setting up derailleurs with rapid-fire type shifters is pretty easy to follow.

Download the SI-6JJRB instructions or almost any other rear derailleur set-up instructions from Shimano's web site and do what it says.

MR

Maybe I didn't explane the problem correctly...
My derailleur is perfect, the problem is the sensor(in the shifter) for the flightdeck, the computer can't detect the 5th gear.
I can't find the problem.

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my 6502 ( 10 speed ) on my ultegra shifters.

I've set everything as said on the manual. everything worked perfectly except for the gear on the 19T cog.

when I shift from 17T to 19T .. the display will skip from 17T to 21T, bypassing the 19T. from then on, the gear display is displaced by one gear down..ie.... 19T shown as 21T, 21T shown as 24T, BOTH 24T and 27T will be shown as 27 T !

12T,13T,14T and 17T are shown correctly. The display NEVER display my 19T..it skipped a gear on the display, hence my cadence reading from 19T to 27T are all wrong...

anyone knows?

Mankul said:
Hi,

I have a similar problem with my 6502 ( 10 speed ) on my ultegra shifters.

I've set everything as said on the manual. everything worked perfectly except for the gear on the 19T cog.

when I shift from 17T to 19T .. the display will skip from 17T to 21T, bypassing the 19T. from then on, the gear display is displaced by one gear down..ie.... 19T shown as 21T, 21T shown as 24T, BOTH 24T and 27T will be shown as 27 T !

12T,13T,14T and 17T are shown correctly. The display NEVER display my 19T..it skipped a gear on the display, hence my cadence reading from 19T to 27T are all wrong...

anyone knows?

My problem has been solved:
There are three little adaptors u can use between the shifter and de sensor: A red, white and a black one. Only one of them works properly.
So try them all and your problem is probably solved.

hilbren said:
My problem has been solved:
There are three little adaptors u can use between the shifter and de sensor: A red, white and a black one. Only one of them works properly.
So try them all and your problem is probably solved.

hey thanks for coming back to this thread!

I'm not aware of this adapter at all... actually my sensor don't fit snugly, but the screws still fit into position so I thought it don't matter...

can you shed me some light into these red, white and black adapters? any links or anything?

thanks.

I made a mistake, the adaptors are only for mtb.
sorry cant help you any further :(