Flights miami to cuba

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by brownronaldo, Aug 18, 2010.

1. brownronaldo

brownronaldo New Member

Good morning

My name is savannah Decage and i am from england.
    i am planning a trip to miami for a week and was going to go cuba in march but have decided that since cuba is so close to miami that i would make it a full trip:-

london -miami
    miami - cuba
    cuba - miami
    miami - london

I am finding it hard to find flights from miami, i read that there are flights but i cant find any.

i am aware of the tensions between cuba and the usa and previously believed that it wasnt possible to fly from usa to cuba but i did find 1 company that does from MIA to havana. So now i am wandering if there are other airlines that do.

if it is possible could you please give me the names or websites of the companies so that i can book a ticket. Or could you advise me on the current situation on travel between cuba or give any advice how i maybe able to get there from miami.

Thank you

Tags:

2. wellty08

wellty08 New Member

Miami-Cuba, It is possible, but not the best way to do it.
    As a UK citizen. It would be cheaper, and easier, for you to fly through a third country. ie. Bahamas, Cayman Islamds, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Belize, Etc.

Good Luck.

3. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

I don't think any flights leave U.S soil for Cuba (although I could be wrong). It's the result of our wonderful, boneheaded policy towards Cuba. As the other poster mentioned, it is much easier to get a flight from other Central American or Caribbean countries.

4. TKOS

TKOS New Member

There are plenty of trip between the USA and Cuba. But they are generally saved for Cuban citizens or aide workers or people with special visas. As was mentioned it is much easier to get to Cuba from a third country.