Flintstone's HRM

sogood

Aug 24, 2006
Given Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble both used foot power to drive their families around and were early believers of high cadence work. If they had a HRM and cadence meter, what do you think was the design and construction? ;)

Finally, do you think they had power meters?

sogood said:
Given Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble both used foot power to drive their families around and were early believers of high cadence work. If they had a HRM and cadence meter, what do you think was the design and construction? ;)

Finally, do you think they had power meters?
I dunno...but whatever animal they used...it would have had a wise-crack to make at the end of the scene.

Crankyfeet said:
I dunno...but whatever animal they used...it would have had a wise-crack to make at the end of the scene.
400W, 106% FTP... quack, quack. :D

Crankyfeet said:
I think it used a bird in a cage that was mounted on the dashboard. The Shimano version used a cage that was sealed shut at the factory. When the bird died you had to throw the whole unit away and buy another. The Campagnolo version had a door on the cage, and when the bird died you could replace the bird.

The Campy version used a pretty, stylish bird like a cockatoo. The Shimano version used a buzzard.

:)

Bro Deal said:
I think it used a bird in a cage that was mounted on the dashboard. The Shimano version used a cage that was sealed shut at the factory. When the bird died you had to throw the whole unit away and buy another. The Campagnolo version had a door on the cage, and when the bird died you could replace the bird.

The Campy version used a pretty, stylish bird like a cockatoo. The Shimano version used a buzzard.

But the Shimano version was used by Bedrock's sporting hero, Lance Armstone.:D

Bro Deal said:

And all the wires from the Shimano version, holding the cage in place, came out of the front of the car in big ugly loops.

Crankyfeet said:
But the Shimano version was used by Bedrock's sporting hero, Lance Armstone.:D
But the campy version was preferred by the nicer and much more stylish Jan Ullrock.

Bro Deal said:
But the campy version was preferred by the nicer and much more stylish Jan Ullrock.
But Ulrock's hardly been sighted since the Operation Pumicestone scandal broke. And Armstone's all over the Bedrock magazine covers with his new young arm candy, Ashley Boulderson.