Flipping handlebar stems

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Ben Dover, Jun 7, 2003.

  1. Ben Dover

    Ben Dover Guest

    I have heard some people say that flipping high-end (ITM Millenium) stems is wrong. I cannot see a
    structural reason, only a cosmetic one. Can the group enlighten me?

    Kevin Saunders [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Ben Dover" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:nJuEa.93732$%[email protected]...
    > I have heard some people say that flipping high-end (ITM Millenium) stems
    is
    > wrong. I cannot see a structural reason, only a cosmetic one. Can the
    group
    > enlighten me?

    No functional reason not to. Sometimes the lettering will be upside down, probably on purpose so
    they have potential for another stem sale.

  3. Check with the manufacturer of the stem. Most can be flipped, but I believe that one (or more) of
    the Deda stems are not supposed to be flipped. I e-mailed Thomson before I flipped their +5° and
    they said no problem. -Keith