Flipping handlebar stems

Ben Dover

Guest
I have heard some people say that flipping high-end (ITM Millenium) stems is wrong. I cannot see a
structural reason, only a cosmetic one. Can the group enlighten me?

Kevin Saunders [email protected]

"Ben Dover" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:nJuEa.93732$%[email protected]...
> I have heard some people say that flipping high-end (ITM Millenium) stems
is
> wrong. I cannot see a structural reason, only a cosmetic one. Can the
group
> enlighten me?

No functional reason not to. Sometimes the lettering will be upside down, probably on purpose so
they have potential for another stem sale.

Check with the manufacturer of the stem. Most can be flipped, but I believe that one (or more) of
the Deda stems are not supposed to be flipped. I e-mailed Thomson before I flipped their +5° and
they said no problem. -Keith